Spain handed £150m deal to build steel parts for Britain's taxpayer-funded wind farms
A decision to build parts in Spain for Britain's newest taxpayer-backed wind farm has sparked outrage.
Scottish Power, which is owned by Spanish giant Iberdrola, has awarded £150million of contracts to build the foundations of a £2.5billion wind farm off the coast of East Anglia to a shipyard in Spain which is backed by the Spanish government.
It flies in the face of the Government's strategy to support British jobs, and it has caused a crisis at Newcastle-based OGN Group which had hoped to secure the investment and 2,000 jobs.
Mary Glindon, Labour MP for North Tyneside, said: 'If the... read more
- 18:28 UK whisky lobby head steps down to help foreign minister with Brexit
- 18:28 Deal or no deal in Vienna, oil investors are preparing for higher...
- 18:28 Nottinghamshire's mental health crisis services slated in damning...
- 18:28 Uber's Otto hauls Budweiser across Colorado in self-driving truck
- 18:28 Italian bank Monte Paschi gambles on turnaround by year-end
- 18:28 Goldman, closer to Murdoch than Bugs Bunny, misses year's biggest deal
- 18:27 Positive thinking: Our pick of the latest self-help books
- 18:27 Woman’s body found in woodland
- 18:27 Major Cumbria route closed overnight for flood work
- 18:25 Samsung chip supplier AMS warns of customer setback, shares plunge
- 18:25 T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 18:25 15 firefighters attend incident in Lincoln's Ermine West
- 18:25 Renewable energy capacity overtakes coal
- 18:24 Eddie Jones to name England squad on Wednesday morning after...
- 18:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan through to last-16 of International Championship...
- 18:24 Stuart Broad set to wait for 100th Test cap as England consider...
- 18:24 England coach Trevor Bayliss predicts Ben Stokes can become one of...
- 18:24 Firefighters tackle blaze at city maisonette
- 18:24 Anthony Martial ditches supercar as he leaves Manchester United...
- 18:24 Liverpool vs Tottenham, EFL Cup LIVE: Plus Arsenal vs Reading and...
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl