Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
England boss sees the positives after trying a new formation
by Asif Burhan at the Westfalenstadion
“Normally fairytales don’t happen in football but obviously that was … a wonderful night for him” said England manager Gareth Southgate, after his country went down 2-1 to Germany in their first defeat on German soil since Euro 1988.
The game was decided by a thumping second-half goal from the retiring German international Lukas Podolski, who marked his 130th and last international appearance with his 49th goal for Die Mannschaft which put him third on each list in his country’s history. “It... read more
- 13:27 UK house prices fall by 0.2% for March, says Land Registry
- 13:26 Missing hospital patient may be in Sheffield
- 13:26 New events plan for Hull former culture city
- 13:26 Man in leather thong wades in to huge fight in middle of...
- 13:25 Teacher fired for sex abuse claims wins £10k for unfair dismissal
- 13:23 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:23 Here's how your kids can get FREE Lego, My Little Pony and Ben 10...
- 13:21 Bungling motorist caught behind the wheel moments after getting...
- 13:21 Macron French reforms: SNCF workers vote down changes
- 13:20 Ever wondered why La Liga's top goalscorer wins 'the Pichichi'?
- 13:20 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's stunning MLS debut is starting to look like an...
- 13:20 Thriller Live! role for dancer, Eliza Hart
- 13:20 In pictures: 8 luxurious country homes for sale in Scotland
- 13:18 Tesco launches own-brand vegan Margherita sourdough pizza for £3.50
- 13:17 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:17 New business park would create more jobs in Market Harborough
- 13:16 Lancashire IS supporter incited lone wolf attacks on Prince George...
- 13:16 PMQs verdict: Jeremy Corbyn fails to press home advantages on NHS
- 13:16 Meghan Markle getting ‘tactical driving’ training to boost security
- 13:14 Arsenal transfer targets: 10 players that could sign for new...
- 13:13 EDITOR’S COLUMN: How can we trust either of our councils with...
- 13:13 Will Smith to perform official song for the 2018 World Cup
- 13:12 New council leader defends challenge
- 13:12 How has new Arsenal head coach Unai Emery performed against Pep...
- 13:12 New Hartlepool business signs up to Armed Forces Covenant
- 13:10 Quartermile directors complete buyout move
- 13:09 Woman wanted by police over missed court appearance
- 13:09 Heavy traffic building after accident partially blocks busy Leeds road
- 13:09 How to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing
- 13:08 Arsenal Transfer News: Goalkeeper arrival confirmed as Unai Emery...