Southern Railway to hear union's new proposals in row over conductors' role
The union at the centre of the Southern Railway dispute will table a new set of proposals during last ditch peace talks on Thursday.
Leaders of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union will meet officials from Southern and its owners Govia Thameslink Railway in another attempt to resolve the bitter row over changes to the role of conductors.
Union members are due to stage 14 days of strike action in the coming months, starting with a three-day walkout from next Tuesday.
Southern said it will run more trains than during previous strikes if next week's action goes ahead.
Almost all of the train... read more
- 00:36 Yo-yo dieting 'triggers caveman response which can mean weight gain'
- 00:36 Number of agency workers 'set to reach 1 million'
- 00:36 Theresa May pushes trade deals during Gulf visit
- 00:36 Government goes to Supreme Court to overturn Brexit ruling
- 00:36 Sharing videos of bullying online to raise awareness is damaging,...
- 00:36 Duke of Edinburgh 'blessed with James Bond-esque genes'
- 00:34 Wall Street stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- 00:34 Ghana opposition urges voter support, seeks to turn economy around
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola keen to move on from Sergio Aguero's red card against...
- 00:32 Harry Kane: I can win the Premier League and the Champions League...
- 00:32 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool still have the bottle to win the league...
- 00:31 BREAKING: 'It's the right time' New Zealand prime minister John Key...
- 00:30 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies purposefully...
- 00:29 Philippines urges Bangladesh to share results of heist investigation
- 00:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Monday
- 00:22 Last winter's floods 'most extreme on record in UK'
- 00:22 BT needs to improve customer service after regulator move - chairman
- 00:22 Pupils must be taught British values to help bind communities,...
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer