Southern rail strike continues after collapse of talks
Southern rail workers are continuing their strike action after the collapse of talks aimed at resolving the long-running dispute over conductors.
The 72-hour walkout began on Tuesday and is due to end at midnight, with 11 more days of industrial action planned.
Talks between the chief executive of Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), Charles Horton, and RMT leader Mick Cash lasted less than an hour on Wednesday.
Both sides have blamed each other for the deadlock.
The union has held a series of walkouts since April over the role of conductors.
New compensation for 15-minute rail delays
It has... read more
- 08:21 Police concerned for welfare of 15-year-old Megan Levers
- 08:18 Communal strife in home state kills of India's Modi kills one, 14 hurt
- 08:18 Purple Day and epilepsy: How I helped care for my sister and grandma
- 08:18 Health trust looking for new governors
- 08:16 Castle Bytham set to have new community shop if quarry site plan...
- 08:15 How this Sheffield couple met through their shared pain of losing...
- 08:14 Uber suspends self-driving cars after Arizona crash
- 08:14 Easter 2017: Marks and Spencer is selling Hot Cross Bun flavour fudge!
- 08:14 Fabinho speaks out amid Manchester United transfer speculation
- 08:13 First finalists for Mansfield's Got Talent are revealed
- 08:12 Who is Manchester United transfer target Daishawn Redan?
- 08:07 Every Premier League and Football League stadium ranked by...
- 08:07 Championship stats: Dirtiest teams in the league revealed
- 08:05 Plans to build a house in Repton's Main Street have been refused
- 08:02 Everton and Liverpool set for transfer tussle: Star could move to...
- 08:00 People are paying thousands of pounds for square watermelons and...
- 07:59 Mother's Day 2017 - See if you've been left a message in our e-book!
- 07:56 The 10 most packed stadiums in Europe: Prem clubs dominate, but...
- 07:56 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes transfer call: Summer striker...
- 07:52 Teacher had suspect broken arm after a 'disturbance' between pupils...
- 07:52 Police hunt 12-year-old boy who pulled out knife on youngster in...
- 07:50 Convenience store plans for ex-library
- 07:48 Messi blocks £130m Man Utd move, £65m Liverpool approach, £70m...
- 07:47 Sebastian Vettel storms to Australian Grand Prix win with Lewis...
- 07:47 REVEALED: THIS is why there’s always a phone in your hotel bathroom
- 07:45 Tributes to cattery owner who appeared on TV and raised thousands...
- 07:45 100s of your Mother’s Day greetings here – is there one for you?
- 07:45 North Lincolnshire man's memories of working with Michael Jackson,...
- 07:45 Vinyl records business finds permanent home at Scunthorpe Market
- 07:45 Pub boss urges licensees to join him in price cut protest