Southern rail's 'tweet RMT' plea was 'a mistake'
A Southern rail boss has admitted adverts urging passengers to tell the RMT union how they felt about ongoing strikes were a mistake.
In October Southern tweeted: "Time to get back on track. Tweet @RMTunion & tell them how rail strikes make you feel."
Dozens of passengers immediately responded by criticising Southern.
The latest strike in the long-running dispute over the role of conductors on trains is due to start at midnight.
Alex Foulds, deputy chief operating officer of Govia Thameslink Railway, which owns Southern, was questioned by councillors in the London Borough of... read more
- 11:43 New hotel could be on the cards for Warwick
- 11:42 Six people charged over Hillsborough disaster including match...
- 11:42 Coventry City transfers: Mystery player pictured during pre-season...
- 11:42 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:42 Three injured after van ends up in ditch at Beeford
- 11:42 What Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said about Nemanja...
- 11:42 Cumbria to be in fine voice for singing legend's return
- 11:42 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:41 Muslim children seek counselling after being called terrorists...
- 11:41 Operation underway to remove restaurant boat from Hartlepool Marina
- 11:41 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Iconic Flying Scotsman steam train set to arrive in Melton
- 11:41 Man Utd Transfer News LIVE updates: Morata crunch talks, Galbraith...
- 11:41 Duckinfield, Bettison and others charged over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Father and daughter to do 10,000ft skydive
- 11:41 Pair complete 24-hour walking marathon
- 11:40 Five friends have been recreating the same college photo since 1982
- 11:40 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:40 Positive response received for Louth school changes
- 11:39 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:39 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:39 Free nursery places for 1,500 needy children to be CUT by...
- 11:39 BANK’S STARK WARNING: Britain heading for crash if lenders don’t...
- 11:38 CCTV appeal after bag stolen from Scarborough amusement arcade
- 11:38 Ex-police officer David Duckenfield charged with manslaughter and...
- 11:38 Two arrested in South Shields in computer software service fraud probe
- 11:38 Lucky Duckys delight crowds
- 11:38 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:38 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:37 Passenger airport for Cumbria 'will bring boost to tourist economy'...