Southern boss sits on rail safety board
Bungling privateer’s chief executive on ‘independent’ panel
THE boss of chaotic rail privateer Southern is also a director of the supposedly “independent” organisation overseeing rail safety, the Star can reveal today.
A leaked memorandum from the Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) reveals that the board supports Southern’s continuing attempts to remove guards from trains — despite the role they have played in helping passengers when accidents occur.
The documents show that Southern operator Govia Thameslink chief executive Charles Horton (pictured) is also a non-executive director of... read more
- 11:05 Things to do in North Wales this weekend under £15 (January 20-22)
- 11:04 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:04 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:04 Jimi Manuwa to face Corey Anderson at UFC London in March
- 11:04 Arsenal Transfer News: £40m Sanchez contact, done deal, Wenger...
- 11:04 Estate agent in line for prestigious award
- 11:03 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:02 Multi vehicle crash on M1
- 11:02 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:01 Darts: Ross Montgomery happy with Lakeside display despite first...
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather