South Yorkshire sex offenders win right to have names wiped off register
0 Have your say Police chiefs have revealed that 17 sex offenders have won the right to have their names removed from the Sex Offenders' Register.
Since September 2012 a change in the law has meant those convicted of sex offences can apply to have their names removed on the grounds they no longer pose a threat.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, South Yorkshire Police disclosed that 32 sex offenders applied for their names to be removed from the register between January 2016 and September 2012, when the new law was introduced.
Six of the offenders had convictions for rape, including... read more
- 15:30 Snow set to replace sizzling spring heatwave next week
- 15:29 Roadworks on the A1031 and A16 next week
- 15:29 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:28 Salisbury asks Banksy to brighten barriers at contaminated sites
- 15:28 The best keg deals on Strongbow Dark Fruits, Heineken and Budvar
- 15:28 Wallets at the ready! Join our tour of the UK's greatest record shops
- 15:26 Daylight shooting getaway driver from Northampton posed for...
- 15:26 Images: The machine flown over from Germany to keep Wigan dad's...
- 15:26 Acid victim says ‘don’t be a bell end’ to anyone looking to carry...
- 15:26 Town poll to be held asking Whitby residents: 'Do you want to leave...
- 15:25 Annabel’s new role in BBC drama The Split
- 15:24 Busy stretch of A50 in Uttoxeter shut for emergency repairs
- 15:24 Sandwich shop owner chooses to help environmental by joining ReFILL...
- 15:24 Roadworks on the A1031 and A16 next week
- 15:23 Delayed Brexit immigration plans 'due in months'
- 15:23 Grass fire in Mansfield
- 15:22 Liam Payne enjoys a ciggie break after vowing to quit smoking for...
- 15:22 Tulip Days wow visitors to city nursery
- 15:22 Whissendine motorcyclists shatter 50-year-old land speed records
- 15:21 London Marathon mission for IT manager from Lytham
- 15:21 Shona Robison told to quit after using Tayside health bosses as...
- 15:21 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:20 Pierre-Emile Højbjerg: ‘Bayern is the school of forming a champion’
- 15:20 Zimbabwe parliament summons Robert Mugabe over diamond theft claim
- 15:20 Two vehicle crash causes problems for Cumbria motorists
- 15:18 Time 100: Millie Bobby Brown becomes youngest to make influential...
- 15:17 Which of the new 'alphabet' 10ps will rare coin collectors be...
- 15:16 Ofcom seeks to scrap local TV roll-out
- 15:16 Discover Fashioned from Nature at the V&A
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger: Robin Van Persie sends emotional message to Arsenal...