South Yorkshire hair and beauty students turning Japanese
Rotherham College has been working in partnership with Yamano Beauty College in Japan to give Hair and Beauty students the opportunity to experience the techniques and traditions of different cultures.
Hair and Media Make-up student, Emily Smith, was chosen to take part in a trip to the Japanese Beauty College after winning a gold medal at World Skills UK last year.
During the week-long trip, which was Emily’s first time abroad, she and her tutor Anne took part in hairdressing and make-up classes at the Beauty College, as well as sightseeing in Tokyo, visiting Disneyland and attending an... read more
- 12:41 Can you pass the British citizenship test?
- 12:41 This Nuneaton microbrewery has been crowned best cider pub in...
- 12:41 Search for missing Coventry teen who failed to turn up for school
- 12:41 Why Meghan Markle 'will be pregnant before she can spell Leicester'
- 12:40 New UK law to rein in social media firms is 'couple of years' away,...
- 12:40 Best friends love the beach
- 12:38 Grass fire in Sutton
- 12:38 Fire on open ground in Shirebrook
- 12:38 West Brom defender being targeted by Premier League pair after...
- 12:38 'I've wanted to play in the Premier League' Wolves target confirms...
- 12:35 Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce appoints two new directors to its...
- 12:33 Everton plot ambitious £60m battle with Premier League heavyweights...
- 12:33 Flat fire in Buxton
- 12:33 Fire crews called to unattended bonfire in Denby
- 12:30 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:30 Man Utd legend rips Alexis Sanchez apart in brutal comparison with...
- 12:30 MotoGP crash: Watch Cal Crutchlow THROWN off bike in ‘one of...
- 12:30 Girl who can not swim lucky to be alive after being swept out to sea
- 12:28 13 of Coventry's most beautiful buildings
- 12:28 Street rocked by Leicester explosion comes together for Royal...
- 12:28 Have you seen missing Ben Robinson?
- 12:27 After fanfare of royal wedding, a major clean-up begins in Windsor
- 12:27 Images released as police launch appeal after robbery
- 12:27 Royal wedding crowds were so big they could be seen from space
- 12:21 'Frisky' hedgehogs rescued after getting stuck in cattle grid
- 12:21 Aston Martin's flagship DB11 - this is how fast it will go
- 12:20 Milan’s Suso: ‘I feel like I am only at 70% of what I can achieve’
- 12:19 Summer holiday challenge for young people as Lifestyle 2018 launches
- 12:19 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:18 Harry and Meghan’s wedding attracted more than 6,000,000 tweets