South Shields dad dies after collapsing in Singapore and flown back for liver transplant
His plight tugged on heart-strings across the North East when Luke Wilkinson’s family and friends were raising money to fly him home from Singapore for a liver transplant on Geordie soil.
But only weeks after being back, the dad-of-two has sadly lost his battle for life.
Luke, originally from Marsden in South Shields , died last Wednesday at the Freeman Hospital.
The 37-year-old engineering consultant collapsed while on holiday in Singapore with his wife Di, 34, and children Jude, five, and Finn, three, last month.
The family had moved to Kuala Lumpur when Luke took a job at an oil and gas... read more
- 18:03 Major hold ups on A1 until late tonight after lorry crash
- 18:03 Over 150 homes affected by burst pipe in Cumbria
- 18:01 Malaysian chef Norman launches pop-up in Birmingham
- 18:01 Woman taken to hospital after house fire in Middleton
- 18:01 New chief executive at Mansfield council started as clerical...
- 18:00 £800,000 bid to end Lancashire's bed blocking crisis
- 18:00 Government sets up new unit to take on fake news
- 18:00 Burnley boss Sean Dyche signs new £15m long-term contract at Turf Moor
- 18:00 Arsenal vs Chelsea team news: Three ruled out for Gunners, six...
- 17:59 Contracts up for grabs as Saints bid to win Anglo-Welsh Cup
- 17:58 Netflix's history: From DVD rentals to streaming success
- 17:58 Future of Calder High School’s sixth form in the balance
- 17:58 Rachel Morrison makes Oscar history for cinematography
- 17:58 Man charged with murder over death of Robert Sempey
- 17:57 Parents miss out on 10k a year as unpaid cabbies
- 17:56 £800,000 bid to end Lancashire's bed blocking crisis
- 17:56 Bitcoin price WARNING: Crackdown on crypto is COMING warns Nobel...
- 17:56 CCTV released after shoplifting at Penrith supermarket
- 17:55 Arrest after car reported stolen with 11-year-old girl inside
- 17:55 Man charged with murder over death of Robert Sempey
- 17:55 Hard Sun streaming: How to watch the BBC series online
- 17:54 Turpin family: Dramatic video shows moment children escape House of...
- 17:54 Trump to invite Macron to Washington as he continues to SNUB Britain
- 17:54 FLU WARNING: Future pandemic could kill MILLIONS as virus mutates
- 17:54 Horrific photo reveals snake poison raced up a five-year-old girl's...
- 17:54 Gunman arrested after five people shot and one confirmed dead in...
- 17:54 Bristol City vs Man City (agg 1-2), LIVE: Carabao Cup semi-final...
- 17:54 Don't get caught out - Lincoln bus route numbers are changing
- 17:54 £800,000 bid to end Lancashire's bed blocking crisis
- 17:54 Call of Duty WW2 update: Today’s Resistance patch for PS4 and Xbox...