South Korea: Birthplace of president's father 'torched'
South Korean police say they have arrested a man accused of setting fire to the birthplace of the father of embattled President Park Geun-hye.
The memorial hall for Park Chung-hee, the country's former military ruler, was badly damaged in the blaze.
Police quoted the suspected as saying the president should have resigned or killed herself, South Korean news agency Yonhap reported.
Ms Park is facing protests and possible impeachment over a corruption scandal.
The house where Ms Park's father was born, in the southern city of Gumi, is a tourist attraction, especially among supporters of the... read more
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...
- 11:42 Delays on M53 near Chester after skip wagon sheds load
- 11:42 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:41 What is the law on smacking children in Derby as Wales moves...
- 11:41 Liverpool's 'cheeriest' homeless person has put his Christmas...
- 11:41 240,000 flock to Durham’s Lumiere spectacular
- 11:40 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:40 Pupils ‘do their thing’ for Children in Need
- 11:40 Cops seize samurai sword from 15-year-old Northampton boy during...