South Africa prosecutor says studying court ruling barring Zuma appeal on graft charges
South Africa's top prosecutor said on Tuesday he was still studying a Constitutional Court order from last week which said his office could not appeal a ruling that may see corruption charges reinstated against President Jacob Zuma.
Shaun Abrahams, the head of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), told a media briefing that no decision had been made yet in response to the decision on Friday.
The High Court in April ordered a review of an NPA decision to set aside hundreds of corruption charges against Zuma, calling it "irrational". That decision allowed Zuma to run for... read more
- 18:40 Chinatown fire: Deaths of rough sleepers treated as murder
- 18:38 Amazon unveils plans for grocery shop with no checkouts
- 18:38 Man taken to Royal Preston Hospital after pub assault
- 18:36 Schoolgirl made abuse allegations after Childline workshop - jury told
- 18:36 Roofer sprayed with CS gas after assaulting police officer
- 18:35 'High-speed' police chase after stolen car in Greenwood Avenue, Hull
- 18:35 UKIP's Nigel Farage greeted by large crowds in Sleaford
- 18:35 Arsenal team news: Full Gunners squad for Champions League trip to...
- 18:33 Police keen to trace this man in connection with train bag theft
- 18:33 The Crusader: Beware if you are buying your gadgets from Europe
- 18:33 Trump meets former Vice President Gore in New York - Gore
- 18:32 Eurogroup agrees on short-term debt relief for Greece - France's Sapin
- 18:31 See Guy Martin attempt new record for fastest crossing of China's...
- 18:30 Liverpool old boy grades every Prem team from the weekend - how did...
- 18:27 West Ham United plot huge bid for ex-Tamworth striker
- 18:24 Gegard Mousasi Exclusive: Dutchman reveals who he'd like to fight next
- 18:23 Belvoir Hunt: Police launch investigation after three foxes killed...
- 18:21 How smoking destroys your pet's health: Cats, dogs and even FISH...
- 18:21 Amazon unveils grocery store with NO CHECKOUT: App equipped with...
- 18:21 Child sex claims against youth coach Hugh Stevenson
- 18:16 Is this the best festive creation in Yorkshire?
- 18:16 Nigel Farage hails 2016 as the year 'little people...
- 18:16 Crash causes long tailbacks on M54 in Telford
- 18:13 Police arrest six people in ONE day suspected of trying to reach UK...
- 18:13 Holiday horror as family 'drugged and robbed' on their way to...
- 18:13 US officials hastily move to reassure China after Trump's chat with...
- 18:12 England coach Trevor Bayliss opens up about dropping Ben Duckett...
- 18:12 England coach Bayliss on Morgan recall for India series: It wasn't...
- 18:12 Motorway roadwork speed limits could be increased
- 18:10 Article 50 Supreme Court case - what you need to know after day one