Sore throat triggers young man's 'exorcist syndrome' which causes him to attack mum in psychotic rage
A mum claims her son's sore throat triggered a rare so-called 'exorcist syndrome' which causes him to fly into a psychotic rage and attack her.
Isaac Harvey, 20, was struck down with a throat infection when he was 13 before he was later diagnosed with PANDAS - a neurological condition which transforms his personality.
It means mild-mannered Isaac can suddenly fly into uncontrollable rages which have seen him give black eyes, break bones, and rip out hair.
Also known as 'exorcist syndrome', PANDAS also causes Isaac to threaten to kill himself and his family.
Isaac's mum Claire Harvey, 48, is... read more
- 10:06 Fantasy Football Tips: Transfers, captains and bargains - Gameweek...
- 10:05 Acting up: top tips on how to ace your drama school audition
- 10:04 British Airways owner IAG's profits soar 19% as it forecasts an...
- 10:04 Brave Wigan dad undergoes heart transplant surgery
- 10:04 M&S reveals it will open next month
- 10:02 A week of freezing nights as weather across Harborough district...
- 10:02 Safes stolen in Harborough shop raid
- 10:02 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 10:02 Moira Co-op store targeted for the second time in 11 days
- 10:01 Villa Park's public enemies - the people Aston Villa fans love to hate
- 10:01 Watch Steve Bruce's press conference LIVE ahead of Aston Villa's...
- 10:01 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 10:00 Patients in Northamptonshire urged to use NHS services wisely to...
- 10:00 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:59 Winter Olympics 2018: Ivanka Trump arrives for closing ceremony
- 09:59 Teenage thug smashed former teacher's face 'like crushed...
- 09:59 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:59 Car stolen in Blackpool while owner de-iced vehicle
- 09:58 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:58 Collecting the history of Sheffield society at museums store
- 09:58 Bound for what? Meet the three men trying to save Impact Wrestling
- 09:58 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:58 Environment fears over Scottish independence rally on Ben Nevis
- 09:57 Far-right group terror suspect arrest in Lincoln
- 09:57 Camden stabbings: Murders linked as teenager arrested
- 09:57 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:57 New scheme to help reduce plastic wate could be coming to Leamington
- 09:56 Gucci declares that the next hot trends are third eyes and holding...
- 09:56 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:56 Cleary's boxer Ansell on the right path