Sony to return image sensors to full capacity on smartphone pickup
Sony Corp's image sensor production will return to full capacity in the October-March half-year due to a pickup in smartphone demand, having spent part of the past year running just under full strength, the head of its chip-making subsidiary said.
"The business environment for our customers is improving," President Yasuhiro Ueda of Sony Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp said at a news conference on Friday, at Sony's sensor factory in the Kumamoto region of southern Japan.
Sony commands about 40 percent of the market for complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) image sensors,... read more
- 16:47 'How do I protect my family?': EU citizens in Britain contemplate...
- 16:47 New FCC chair vows 'light-touch' approach to regulation
- 16:47 Sir Patrick Stewart learning to paint with young Scots artist
- 16:46 Wall Street slips as financials, discretionary stocks drag
- 16:46 U.N. says Thailand leaves legal loophole for torture, disappearances
- 16:46 Teenager punched and stamped on during Widnes street robbery
- 16:46 Car drives into crowd at Mardi Gras parade in Alabama
- 16:45 I refuse to be ashamed of relying on my partner for money
- 16:43 BREAKING: Dozens hurt as car ploughs into crowd at Mardi Gras...
- 16:42 All aboard for re-opening of miniature railway
- 16:42 Online court hearings set to ‘modernise” Scottish courts
- 16:42 EastEnders: Concerned Shirley Carter warns Whitney to STAY AWAY...
- 16:41 Man United star Paul Pogba attacked by fans in restaurant after...
- 16:41 Dean Saunders: This is the key reason why Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool...
- 16:41 EU parliament says governments delayed new rules on car emissions
- 16:40 Horizon Zero Dawn reveals astonishing vision of future Birmingham -...
- 16:40 Not all paedophiles should be jailed, says police chief
- 16:39 This ‘nightmare-inducing’ robot is like the Terminator on roller...
- 16:39 Karen’s dog handling skills are rewarded
- 16:38 Joe Rogan brands CM Punk's UFC debut 'offensive' to mixed martial arts
- 16:38 How would Arsenal look next season if Max Allegri took over in the...
- 16:38 Nicol: Liverpool FC looked like a mid-table team
- 16:38 Mumtaz Member murder: Leicester police turn to Crimewatch to try to...
- 16:37 Plans for camping pods behind Cumbria's Melbreak Hotel
- 16:37 Sir Andy Murray beats Malek Jaziri in first match since shock...
- 16:36 Calls grow for new Sheffield bishop to ease ‘distress and anxiety’
- 16:36 Decision finally due on £46m M1 service station in Sheffield green...
- 16:35 Predict the Premier League winners and who'll clinch Champions...
- 16:34 Kansas shooting: Hundreds attend funeral in India
- 16:34 New leftist splinter group could make life hard for Italy's PM