Sons could inherit infertility from fathers through common IVF technique
A fertility technique used by thousands of British couples may lead to sons inheriting their father's infertility, researchers say.
Tests on a group of men who were conceived using i ntra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) due to their father's infertility found they too suffered from low sperm counts and poor-moving sperm.
Researchers said the findings showed that a degree of "sub-fertility" had been "passed on" to the sons of fathers who were unable to conceive naturally.
In 2013, there were 37,566 embryos transferred using ICSI treatment in the UK. About half (52.6%)... read more
- 12:43 Thailand presses Google over online royal insults
- 12:41 Bangladesh v England Day Three Debrief: Ben Stokes masterclass puts...
- 12:41 Young DJ has sights set on being next James Corden
- 12:39 Jose Mourinho's time at Chelsea will never be forgotten... but he...
- 12:38 Are Scunthorpe's pharmacies under threat?
- 12:32 Police make arrest after 37-year-old man found in city street with...
- 12:31 Laws to protect The Stray to be substantially changed to hold more...
- 12:31 Photographer spends days on bridges to capture street vendors...
- 12:31 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:29 Arsene Wenger mocked in post sent from official Arsenal account
- 12:28 Church set to reopen after £200,000 facelift - just in time for...
- 12:28 Prescription budget should be met despite pressure points
- 12:28 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:28 Clark unveils £4m plan to boost number of electric trucks in UK
- 12:28 Cumberbatch hails 'true superheroes' at charity awards
- 12:28 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:27 £15m boost for cancer charities
- 12:26 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:25 Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere has Premier League’s best passing...
- 12:23 King’s Mill bosses step aside after merger delays
- 12:22 Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewellery store
- 12:22 Protecting those who protect us...
- 12:21 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:21 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:21 Break-ins in the Vale of Belvoir
- 12:20 Ben Mee: This is what will spur Burnley on to Premier League...
- 12:20 Chest infection meant Honley man couldn't do breathalyser test
- 12:20 Lincoln City v Eastleigh LIVE - follow the action from Sincil Bank
- 12:18 Jealous Barnoldswick man attacked partner after night out
- 12:18 Emmerdale fans puzzled as 'crash victims' make quick recovery