Son steps in to save dad's life as he suffers heart attack at home
A son who saved his dad's life after giving him CPR has said that first aid training in the workplace was "a lifesaver" for him.
Alvin Chapman, 43, Barton, administered first aid to his dad Tony, 66, after he had a heart attack at home.
Alvin and his dad had been out for a game of snooker at the Corn Exchange, Barton, until things started to go wrong for Tony.
"He complained he wasn't feeling very well and wanted to go home," said Alvin.
Tony was taken home by taxi and suffered a heart attack while an ambulance was being called.
Alvin's father had no history of heart... read more
- 13:54 Real Housewives of Cheshire beauty Misse Beqiri stuns in silk slip...
- 13:54 'I'm sorry if I have upset anyone': TOWIE's Amber Dowding...
- 13:54 Coronation Street's Kym Marsh cradles her fake baby bump while...
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance
- 13:43 Black Cat Day: Adopt brothers Benedict and Basil who are in need of...
- 13:43 Hurst street stabbing: Boss says area is safe after pair injured...
- 13:42 Cancers survivors are TWICE as likely to be on antidepressants due...
- 13:42 Strong UK GDP data prompts global bond sell off on frets over...