Some people ‘genetically programmed’ to crave fatty foods over sugary snacks
0 Have your say You really are what you eat, according to scientists, who have discovered the gene that determines if you like chicken korma or Eton mess.
One in 100 people have a defect in the MC4R gene which makes them love fatty foods and shun sugar, a new Cambridge University study has revealed.
These people are also more likely to get fat, according to the study.
Most people find both high-fat and high-sugar foods enticing, but those who carry variants in gene MC4R are overly attracted to high fat foods, the study found.
The report is one of the first to show a direct link between food... read more
- 19:41 Sure Start funding halved in eight years, figures show
- 19:40 Avengers Captain Marvel: FIRST pictures of Brie Larson in costume...
- 19:39 'Caring, generous and lovely': Friend's tribute to murdered Jane...
- 19:39 What judge told murderer and rapist Craig Keogh who killed...
- 19:39 Chester Zoo are looking to recruit a seasonal ranger
- 19:38 Malta-linked Russian whistleblower surrenders to Greek police
- 19:36 TRAVEL REVIEW: Lobster, bears, beers and canoes in New Brunswick,...
- 19:36 Every Premier League club's star man right now - according to stats
- 19:36 Arsenal News: Wenger replacement exclusive, Chelsea eye Ramsey,...
- 19:36 PSG star Kylian Mbappe jokes around with Thomas Lemar and Ousmane...
- 19:35 Ian Wright makes worrying transfer claim for Manchester United fans
- 19:34 Luke Shaw can be one of the world’s best left-backs, says Ashley Young
- 19:33 The 116 Championship free agents who Birmingham City could pick up...
- 19:32 Man abducted newborn from mother’s arms, killed her and dumped her...
- 19:28 Former Playboy model sues to break silence on alleged Trump affair
- 19:28 Spain refuses to back withdrawal deal over Gibraltar concerns
- 19:28 Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO Alexander Nix
- 19:28 Alfie Evans’ parents denied chance to appeal life support ruling
- 19:27 Canada introduces new gun control measures
- 19:26 Heather Watson out of the Miami Open after first-round defeat as...
- 19:26 Joseph Parker trains with David Haye ahead of Anthony Joshua showdown
- 19:26 Daniel Bryan will finally be wrestling again in WWE
- 19:25 REVEALED: The 15 Leicestershire County Council official paid...
- 19:25 The 113 Championship free agents who Aston Villa could pick up this...
- 19:25 The 118 Championship free agents who West Brom could pick up this...
- 19:25 The 117 Championship free agents who Wolves could pick up this summer
- 19:23 Jeremy Hunt confirms individual costs for social care to be capped
- 19:20 Crash involving a caravan on the M6 closes two lanes
- 19:19 Flooding boss urges debate on abandoning at-risk homes
- 19:18 Coventry has been named one of the most adulterous places in UK