Somalia's delayed parliamentary poll to start October 23, presidential November 30
Somalia will hold its postponed parliamentary elections between Oct 23 and Nov 10, the chairman of the electoral commission said, after the vote was delayed for a second time due to disputes over the selection process.
Voting for the 275-seat parliament was due to begin this weekend but candidate lists had not been finalised, Omar Mohamed Abdulle told a press conference late on Monday.
"The challenges that led to the delay were political, security and management of the election budget. Clan leaders have not completed the list of their delegates," Abdulle said.
Presidential... read more
- 10:48 Building of new £4.2m teaching block at Todmorden High School begins
- 10:48 Government scraps digital tax hit for landlords, small firms and...
- 10:48 Japanese promotion sanctions fight between 12-year-old Child and...
- 10:48 The unicorn trend is infantalising us all and it needs to die
- 10:47 Train operator reveals Friday strike timetable
- 10:47 Powerhouse fund firm’s new Preston office
- 10:47 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:47 Top five strategies for new runners
- 10:46 Bank Holiday weather predictions for the North West
- 10:46 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:46 Who is Coventry City's new commercial director David Boddy?
- 10:46 Professional football clubs raided over suspected tax fraud
- 10:46 Rail stike to go ahead as union talks collapse
- 10:45 Magic wall of sound from Mendoza
- 10:45 Where is the much-vaunted BBC ‘impartiality’?
- 10:45 Man City transfer targets should include a defensive midfielder...
- 10:45 Police have launched an appeal to find missing 20-year-old Jenessa...
- 10:45 Female jogger punched in the face and subjected to horrific sex...
- 10:45 Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Who will come out on top in La Liga title...
- 10:45 Everton star Morgan Schneiderlin warns Premier League leaders...
- 10:45 Rail stike to go ahead as union talks collapse
- 10:45 Sunderland boss David Moyes charged with bringing the game in to...
- 10:44 When are the 2017/18 Football League fixtures released?
- 10:44 Higher exports to lift German growth, investments - economy ministry
- 10:44 Why do snooker players wear bow ties and waistcoats?
- 10:44 Woman robbed at knife-point in Welford Road in Leicester city centre
- 10:44 Corrie star Kym immortalised in wax
- 10:44 'I would be dead if it wasn't for caring duo'
- 10:43 E4’s Tattoo Fixers looking for ink disasters in Warwickshire
- 10:43 Warwick museum trustees to mark two military anniversaries this year