‘Solid support’ for latest walkout
Southern accused of mounting ‘vicious campaign’ against staff
BRITAIN’S worst railway Southern has been accused of launching a “vicious campaign of lies and tricks” after it claimed 27 per cent of striking conductors turned up to work last week.
Rail union RMT said the latest three-day strike — starting yesterday — was “solidly supported” despite Southern’s devisive campaign.
“Passengers know that Southern Rail is an unmitigated disaster, a fact confirmed by the all-party transport select committee last week,” said general secretary Mick Cash.
“They also know that the guards are fighting... read more
- 13:42 Manchester Arena attack: Watch Donald Trump condemn “evil losers”
- 13:42 Your charity news in the North East: World Scouting event, a flash...
- 13:41 Nurse aims to deter cancer with lifestyle tips
- 13:41 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners
- 13:40 Huddersfield families describe carnage of at Manchester attack
- 13:39 Antoine Griezmann admits he’s ready to leave Atletico Madrid in...
- 13:39 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:39 Congo opens investigation into ex-minister over Kasai violence
- 13:39 Manchester terror attack: Concert-goer rang 999 in fear for her life
- 13:39 Man United target Antoine Griezmann: I'm ready to quit Atletico...
- 13:37 Doncaster sexual health and HIV services are moving near the town...
- 13:35 Thieves steal £3,000 of Lego in Poole and Bournemouth raids
- 13:35 PICTURE SPECIAL: A fun day out for all the family at Stewkley’s...
- 13:35 Charlie Gard's parents urge judges to reverse court decision
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Homeless man rushes to help, cradles dying woman...
- 13:35 Floyd Mayweather believes Conor McGregor fight is a contest fans...
- 13:35 Manchester attack: Take That cancel concert 'out of respect'
- 13:35 Chelsea confirm transfer deal: Ace will be at Stamford Bridge next...
- 13:35 Kettering mayor’s charity tributes to former deputies
- 13:34 Royal Oldham in armed lockdown
- 13:34 Historic school celebrates 300 years of education
- 13:34 Islamic State claims responsibility for Manchester Arena terror...
- 13:34 Concert mum: 'I just focused on getting my daughter to safety'
- 13:33 Inquest into Drayton Manor schoolgirl death adjourned
- 13:34 Barbaric
- 13:34 'Wonderfully eclectic' exhibition at the British Motor Museum
- 13:34 Man taken to Queen's Medical Centre with serious injuries after...
- 13:33 Manchester bombing: Don't shield kids from the truth about terrorism
- 13:33 Ross McCormack could still have a future at Aston Villa - this is why
- 13:33 Manchester Bombing: Kind-hearted strangers raise £180,000 for victims