Social care system 'not fit for purpose' say nine out of ten MPs- survey
A survey of 101 English MPs found that only 10% believe the current social care system is suitable for the UK's ageing population.
The research, carried out by older people's charity Independent Age, also showed just 13% of Labour MPs and 35% of Conservative MPs believe that social care services in their constituencies are fit for purpose.
"Confidence that the social care system can deal with the UK's ageing population has virtually evaporated among parliamentarians," said Janet Morrison, chief executive of Independent Age.
"The crisis in social care was front and centre in... read more
- 00:34 Everton 3 - Sunderland 0: Dominic Calvert-Lewin grabs brace as...
- 00:34 Chelsea 5 - Nottingham Forest 1: Musonda, Batshuayi and Kenedy bag...
- 00:34 Dustin Johnson sympathises with Rory McIlroy: It sucks we were both...
- 00:34 Glasgow Airport appeal over lost soft toys
- 00:34 Joe Rogan breaks down exactly how Cody Garbrandt dominated Dominick...
- 00:32 Sunderland name starting lineup with more Everton appearances than...
- 00:31 Cumbria police's child protection 'significantly improved'
- 00:31 Innovative Furness College sport project secures funding
- 00:28 Junior football: Two wins on the spin gives Rutherglen Glencairn...
- 00:27 Crystal Palace star man Wilfried Zaha stays sharp with extra...
- 00:27 Suffering with eczema? Your daily shower or bath might be to blame
- 00:25 EastEnders spoilers: Kat and Alfie Moon for big Walford return as...
- 00:23 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford is as good as Kylian Mbappe - Phil...
- 00:23 Antonio Conte talks David Luiz injury suffered v Arsenal: He’ll be...
- 00:22 New York bomber was not operating as a 'lone wolf’, warns...
- 00:20 How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap?
- 00:20 Nine million people still make or receive calls while driving
- 00:20 Consumers told to stop buying 'fire-risk' fridges
- 00:20 Ryanair pilots reject bonus to work through cancellation crisis
- 00:16 Third generation joins Lake District holiday firm
- 00:13 Giselle: Akram Khan transforms
- 00:11 Judge puts Brum bin worker cuts on the scrapheap
- 00:09 Scintillating recall of fighting racism on Bristol busses
- 00:09 A wonderful revival of Wilder’s moving tale
- 00:09 The guardian Angel of Kobane
- 00:09 Uefa boss calls for a fair football business
- 00:10 Everton FC draw Chelsea away and Manchester United travel to...
- 00:09 Yarnold sad to see bobsleigh talent go to waste
- 00:09 Sampson given the boot from top job
- 00:09 The hellish ordeal of the ‘DWP experience’