So THAT'S why some people can't catch balls: Half of the population may be 'motion blind' in part of their vision
For anyone thinking of getting in a car this week, it is a scary thought - up to half the people on the road with you may suffer from a condition called motion blindness.
New research has found that the problem - which makes people unable to see movement in parts of their field of vision - is more common than previously thought.
Scientists have discovered that a condition called agnosia – which happens when the brain cannot properly interpret information from our senses - may be the underlying cause of motion blindness.
WHAT IS AGNOSIA? Agnosia is a rare disorder characterised by an... read more
- 13:14 Outlander actress Caitriona Balfe joins the Women's March in...
- 13:13 Former Leeds United star makes huge transfer prediction
- 13:13 Jamie Carragher: Liverpool should have made this deal happen two...
- 13:12 Neither fear - nor ignore - your January debt
- 13:12 Poppy Widdison: Daily Mail columnist asks, 'who will save the next...
- 13:12 Is it illegal if someone parks in front of your house?
- 13:11 Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool set to do battle over winger deal:...
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote
- 13:03 Charlton explain why match against Scunthorpe was postponed
- 13:02 Dimitri Payet is skilled enough to play for Real Madrid......
- 13:02 Carlos Tevez denies he is the highest paid player in world football...
- 13:02 Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi can be like Dimitri Payet in few...
- 13:01 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 13:00 Earlsdon Festival organisers in plea for help to ensure event goes...
- 12:57 Drink-driver was tracked down after leaving reg plate at crash scene
- 12:57 Blast causes deaths in Syrian camp near Jordan border - monitor
- 12:57 Merkel vows to find compromise with U.S. on trade, military spending
- 12:56 Video: Manchester United youngster Andreas Pereira scores...
- 12:55 Mourinho won't let De Gea or Romero leave Manchester United FC
- 12:55 No deal has yet been agreed between Everton FC and AC Milan over...
- 12:55 Birmingham braced for BIG FREEZE as temperatures plunge to -4C