SNP MSP Gillian Martin calls for seatbelts on every Scottish school bus
AN MSP is calling for seatbelts to be fitted in every school bus in Scotland.
Gillian Martin of the SNP is bringing forward a Member’s Bill at Holyrood to make the change in all dedicated school transport.
The Aberdeenshire East MSP said: “The safety of our children and young people is a responsibility we all share.
“As a parent and an MSP for a rural community, I am acutely aware of the importance the journey to and from school can play in those efforts.
“This Bill will increase the safety of children across Scotland.”
Many councils already require bus contractors to fit seatbelts but... read more
- 19:53 Two Leeds law firms open in Harrogate
- 19:53 Sausage firm fastest grower in Yorkshire
- 19:53 New independent wealth management boutique launches
- 19:48 Pictured: New York tourist killed during gap year trip in Australia...
- 19:48 Ashley Young reveals he is part of the 'cool corner' in Manchester...
- 19:46 Basel game is important for Arsenal outcasts like Lucas Perez, says...
- 19:46 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is too often an easy target for critics,...
- 19:45 Charities fined over 'wealth screening' data breaches
- 19:43 Frustrated man chopped off his genitals with a kitchen knife...
- 19:43 Cockroach removed from woman’s ear after crawling in when she...
- 19:41 Investigation urges coalition apology for Yemen hospital attack
- 19:40 Celtic hero Chris Sutton: This player is a problem for Manchester City
- 19:38 Rio Ferdinand: Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal’s talisman
- 19:37 John Prescott visits Sleaford as by-election battle hots up
- 19:36 A180 reopens for a second time after multi-vehicle crash
- 19:36 Iker Casillas calls for Porto to be calm against Leicester City as...
- 19:35 Hairdresser among UK’s best
- 19:35 Family set for first Christmas as millionaires - but they won't be...
- 19:33 Six of the best: most memorable matches of Nigel Clough's second...
- 19:32 ‘We don’t condone drug use - but let us test if yours are safe’
- 19:31 Toons Furnishers director John Toon feared horror smash on road he...
- 19:29 Matt Le Tissier 'given naked massage' by coach Bob Higgins
- 19:28 Swedish security guards brutally attacked by vicious gang on...
- 19:26 Recap: A180 reopens for a second time after a day of chaos
- 19:24 Body of neglected pony dumped on Lincolnshire farmland
- 19:22 Death crash inquest opened
- 19:20 ‘Man in the hat’ Brussels bombing suspect ‘plotted attack on...
- 19:19 Cuba, U.S. to discuss detente in wake of Trump election
- 19:19 Violence erupts in Athens on anniversary of student killing by police
- 19:17 Hammer used to break into cash box at charity fundraiser