SNP make U-turn on sepsis awareness campaign after claiming it wasn't 'necessary'
A national campaign is to be launched to raise awareness of the risks of sepsis after an abrupt U-turn by the SNP.
Last month, the Scottish Government said they didn’t think such a campaign was “necessary at this time”.
But Health Secretary Shona Robison announced one yesterday after a meeting with sepsis awareness charity the Fiona Elizabeth Agnew Trust.
She said: “The Scottish Government have always been committed to raising awareness of the dangers of sepsis and this meeting was an important step in formalising our plans.
“I was delighted to meet FEAT and to discuss next steps. It is... read more
- 01:19 Book Extract A Paris masterpiece
- 01:19 Putin says claim Russia poisoned ex-spy is 'nonsense' as real nerve...
- 01:15 Johnny Sexton hails Ireland’s ‘incredible’ defence under Andy Farrell
- 01:14 WWE news: Chris Jericho makes HUGE prediction about Ronda Rousey...
- 01:14 Juan Martin del Potro: What REALLY happened with angry umpire clash...
- 01:09 How to play cross-platform on Fortnite
- 01:08 Ant McPartlin arrested after 'drink-drive crash' as three-year-old...
- 01:03 Kim Jong-un has committed to denuclearisation, says South Korea
- 00:59 On the road: History beckons for Accrington Stanley... club...
- 00:50 Packaging entrepreneur vows to ‘change the history of plastic use’
- 00:47 Almost half of women in politics have faced abuse or violence
- 00:45 League Two verdict: Coventry make a late push for promotion while...
- 00:45 Championship verdict: Garry Monk takes step forward at Birmingham...
- 00:45 League One verdict: Dan Micciche's plan finally coming together as...
- 00:41 College staff honoured at star-studded ceremony
- 00:39 Why the gambling industry faces an uncertain future
- 00:39 How Red Driving School steered away from a crisis
- 00:39 Call for stricter rules on doorstep loans
- 00:39 UK growth forecast raised by British Chambers of Commerce
- 00:36 Roger Federer losing to Juan Martin del Potro is actually bad news...
- 00:36 Indian Wells: Juan Martin del Potro makes heartfelt tribute after...
- 00:35 Blood, sweat and protests: on the rodeo trail in New Zealand
- 00:30 Victoria Beckham boxes in jeans because of course she does
- 00:29 Marseille 2-3 Lyon: Memphis Depay scores winner in frantic match...
- 00:29 Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke would be a great fit for Rangers (and...
- 00:25 Prime Minister visits Birmingham today as Government launches £90...
- 00:25 Famous Roadhouse music club in Kings Norton on fire
- 00:25 Missing schoolboy Shane Pinder turns up safe and well
- 00:24 Castleford face fixture crisis as freezing conditions hit Super League
- 00:21 High-interest 'doorstep loans' need to be regulated says charity