Snowmageddon isn't on the way, no matter what the front pages say
Reports of a snowmageddon on the way may be slightly exaggerated.
Several tabloid newspapers have predicted that a big chill is imminent with headlines predicting plunging temperatures and chilly winds.
The predictions are based on information gained from James Madden at online weather experts Exacta Weather.
However, Exacta have issued a statement clarifying their forecast for people who “CAN'T or WON'T 'read'” what has been reported on their behalf.
A post on their Facebook page quotes their original forecast, but with the pieces they regard as being exaggerated capitalised: “As... read more
- 06:18 Police advice to combat wreath thefts
- 06:14 Transfer news: Chelsea to ambush Arsenal and Liverpool approach for...
- 06:14 Darren McGarvey: An occupy movement that could deliver real change
- 06:14 Paris Gourtsoyannis: May’s Brexit deal is actually a trap
- 06:14 Good rating for Northumbria Police in legitimacy assessment
- 06:14 Theresa May gag voted best original Christmas cracker joke
- 06:14 Lib Dem Lords leader speaks in Alnwick
- 06:13 Improvements put forward for Wellingborough’s crematorium
- 06:14 NHS pressures unsustainable as nurses hit pay ‘breaking point’ pay
- 06:13 Volunteers thanked for years of support at Irthlingborough charity
- 06:13 Kettering’s biggest hotel set for green light
- 06:13 Buses to replace peak trains from Corby, Kettering and...
- 06:12 School is officially world class after wowing award judges
- 06:12 South Shields School has ‘clear’ vision for improvement, says Ofsted
- 06:12 16 more arrests in Christmas crime crackdown
- 06:12 Residents furious over new South Shields sports club plan
- 06:12 New South Shields paving scheme NOT a deterrent to homeless says...
- 06:11 Good rating for Northumbria Police in legitimacy assessment
- 06:10 Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi? Natalie Sawyer reveals the one...
- 06:10 Alex Chinneck: Why I want to build a set of giant chimneys along a...
- 06:10 Mark Casci: Below average is not good enough for our great region
- 06:09 Peppa Pig is leading people to expect too much from their doctors
- 06:09 Joke about Theresa May wins Christmas cracker competition
- 06:07 WATCH: Meet Buster the Boxer: John Lewis releases 2016 Christmas...
- 06:05 Over 1,000 guests turn out to support Northamptonshire library...
- 06:05 University to build leather centre at new campus as council Vulcan...
- 06:05 Auction of rare Walking Dead comic raises money for Northampton...
- 06:05 Village library group to hand petition protesting closures to...
- 06:05 New life for Northampton's empty Rhubarb bar with roof garden, fire...
- 06:05 Northampton church bulldozed for £2.7m community centre starts...