Snowdonia National Park celebrates 65th birthday and looks forward to 'exciting time' in its history
These nostalgic pictures look back at 65 years of the Snowdonia National Park which celebrates the landmark birthday this week.
The region was granted national park status – the first in Wales – on October 18, 1951 and now attracts around ten million visitors every year.
Emyr Williams, Chief Executive of Snowdonia National Park Authority, said the Park looks set to enter as exciting a time as any in its history.
He said: “There is now a real window of opportunity to ensure that the National Parks continue to be fit for purpose to face the challenges of the Twenty First Century, Parks who... read more
- 00:17 Chelsea consider raid for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez: Antonio...
- 00:17 Roy Keane says Leicester are 'in big trouble' as he claims the club...
- 00:17 Karim Benzema becomes sixth player to score 50 Champions League...
- 00:16 Getting ready for the world of work
- 00:12 Brexit: French financial regulator wooing London banks
- 00:11 Tamil Nadu faces political vacuum after Jayalalitha's death
- 00:11 Why has this Nobel winner been ignored for 30 years?
- 00:10 Hundreds of police accused of sexual exploitation
- 00:08 Australian regulator will not block ChemChina's Syngenta bid
- 00:08 UK housing, hiring stay resilient despite Brexit vote - surveys
- 00:06 ‘It is absolutely TERRIBLE’ rants Leicester City fan after 5-0...
- 00:06 Kettering parents jailed for 'sickening' baby abuse
- 00:06 Girl, 8, injured in Edinburgh 'stabbing'
- 00:05 Junk food advertising ban aims to tackle childhood obesity
- 00:02 Baby boomers 'should work for longer to stay healthy'
- 00:02 Junk food ads targeting children banned in non-broadcast media
- 00:02 Babies missing out on key checks after fall in health visitor numbers
- 00:02 Slaven Bilic confident he can turn things around at West Ham after...
- 23:58 Religious leaders push for Muslim alternative to Peppa Pig
- 23:56 Arsenal should not sign Julian Draxler, says Lothar Matthaus
- 23:53 Rio Ferdinand names Arsenal and Spurs men as best Premier...
- 23:47 Britain softens its Brexit stance—just as the EU hardens its own
- 23:40 Exclusive - Teva investigating allegations by tipster of bribery in...
- 23:40 Asia shares hit one-month peak, bonds bet on ECB support
- 23:39 Dozens killed in west Iraq air strike, MPs and medics say
- 23:35 Wall Street: Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit fresh records
- 23:34 Zinedine Zidane wants to avoid old club Juventus... but Real Madrid...
- 23:32 Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- 23:25 Ohio legislators pass restrictive abortion bill, citing Trump victory
- 23:24 Arsenal fans lose the plot as Alexis Sanchez is linked with Chelsea