Sky to report first-quarter figures amid rumours that Murdoch's 21st Century Fox may put in a bid for the company
Sky unveils its first-quarter figures at its annual meeting on Thursday after a fortnight when its share price rose sharply amid speculation that its biggest shareholder, Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox, may put in a bid for the satellite broadcaster.
The City is expecting a rise in ‘churn’ – the number of subscribers who fail to renew their contracts – though this is likely to be offset by increased revenue after Sky introduced price rises of up to 5 per cent.
The company, under chief executive Jeremy Darroch, no longer reveals detailed information when it reports first-quarter figures... read more
- 12:16 Readers outrage over uniformed veterans being 'discouraged' from...
- 12:14 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:14 Halloween 2016 is almost here - send us your Spooky Snaps
- 12:14 Roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds booming in France
- 12:13 Latics guest columnist Adam Bogdan says determination will pay...
- 12:13 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:13 Internet romance scams: 'I realise was being groomed'
- 12:12 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:12 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:12 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:11 Gary Lineker hits back after calls for BBC to sack him from Match...
- 12:11 Steven Gerrard reveals just what it takes to be Liverpool captain
- 12:11 Man ‘discovers live maggots’ in porridge but only after he’d eaten...
- 12:11 Sustainability and transformation plans are 'least bad option' for NHS
- 12:10 Community hub plan finally making some progress after delay
- 12:10 Residents against parking proposal
- 12:10 Why leaves on the line might delay your train journey
- 12:10 Pub’s relaunch is out of the starting blocks with sports bar revamp
- 12:10 Watch incredible CCTV showing gang carrying out Mission Impossible...
- 12:09 Bear visitor captured on video by ex-pat Hartlepool man
- 12:09 Ruby the parrot stolen from her Hartlepool homw
- 12:09 Gary Lineker Twitter storm poll: Did Match of the Day host cross...
- 12:09 Hall Street homes plan rejected
- 12:09 Teen takes on 300km coast-to-coast challenge
- 12:09 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:09 What Manchester United boss Mourinho had to say about Chelsea ahead...
- 12:08 Ice with that? No problem! Inside the world's southernmost bar in...
- 12:09 Kettering charity in desperate appeal after being told of impending...
- 12:08 The world's most VIP island: Inside the luxury Philippines resort...
- 12:08 Fancy a guilt-free holiday? The world's most eco-friendly hot spots...