Sky says customer demand picking up after slow summer
European pay-TV group Sky (SKYB.L) reported a 5 percent rise in underlying revenue in its first quarter, in line with its expectations in a year when it is paying substantially more for the premium soccer and entertainment content it offer viewers.
The broadcaster, which had its most successful drama series debut ever this month with "Westworld" and started Friday night Premier League football this season, said its full-year target, for 5-7 percent underlying revenue growth, was on track.
Sky added 106,000 customers in the three months through September, less than 134,000 acquired... read more
- 18:18 Bird Lovegod: Future is fintech and the North must embrace it
- 18:18 Blackfriar: The question marks over future of Yorkshire Bank brand
- 18:18 'I was a mini bastard': Sir Edward Leigh looks back on his 35 years...
- 18:18 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:18 Bus passengers stop packed coach from crashing on motorway after...
- 18:17 21-month jail sentence for man who lunged at stranger with knife...
- 18:17 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:16 Parkinson’s Café up and running in town
- 18:16 Charity call for more shop volunteers across region
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line
- 18:09 Cleanup carried out before Leamington Canal Festival’s revival
- 18:09 Pet owner to appeal to court to save his dog from being put down...
- 18:09 Problems as major work on Burton Bridge causes traffic delays...
- 18:09 Some good news: Major Tatenhill road has reopened - A WEEK EARLY
- 18:08 England vs Tunisia LIVE: World Cup updates as Three Lions get...
- 18:07 Walmart shopper shoots dead carjacking gunman
- 18:06 Sunday League game abandoned after violence flares among spectators