Six years, Grand Final glory beckons for Wigan youngster who was ballboy at Old Trafford showdown
Jake Shorrocks will re-live the moment he thought his world had come crashing down when he runs out for the Super League Grand Final on Saturday.
The 20-year-old half-back's first close-up experience of Old Trafford was almost shattered by a prank by Wigan and England full-back Sam Tomkins.
"In 2010 I was a ball boy with my mate Nick Gregson, who has also played a few games for the first team, and I was stood in the tunnel while all the players walk past and Sam Tomkins knocked the ball out of my hands," Shorrocks recalled.
"It went rolling down the tunnel. I thought I was... read more
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 10:08 Prison sentence handed to Swadlincote lorry driver is criticised
- 10:07 CCTV image released after £2,400 jewellery theft
- 10:06 Scotland slips down world education rankings in key subjects
- 10:05 Can you spot all the angels on the Heckmondwike Angel Trail?
- 10:05 Updates as Spring Bank crash lorry driver Neville Fletcher sentenced
- 10:05 Manchester United Christmas gifts perfect for Man Utd fans in 2016
- 10:04 John Terry is nearing the end of his Chelsea career… but as he...
- 10:03 Updates: Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court evacuated
- 10:01 East Midlands Trains set to have more power over rail network
- 10:00 Barrow man due in court over alleged town centre stabbing in broad...
- 10:00 Catriona Munro: New rules let small firms sue cartels
- 10:00 Scotland’s top-selling food and drink brands revealed
- 09:59 Letters - December 1, 2016
- 09:57 £5m drugs haul one of the biggest ever seized on South Bank docks
- 09:57 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger: My thoughts on Granit Xhaka's start to life at Arsenal
- 09:57 These two clubs are the best teams in the country but Manchester...
- 09:57 Heage group braves wilderness to scoop top accolades
- 09:57 Chelsea target summer swoop for Karim Benzema: Real Madrid want...
- 09:57 UKIP donor mansplains Roman history to Professor Mary Beard
- 09:54 Plea for more organ donators in Kirklees this Christmas
- 09:54 Can you spot all the angels on the Heckmondwike Angel Trail?
- 09:52 Manchester City new boy Gabriel Jesus back in Sao Paulo after...
- 09:50 Minibus loophole closed to prevent dodgy drivers carrying...
- 09:49 VIDEO: Carer caught on CCTV stealing cash from Spalding war veteran...
- 09:48 Wolves lose derby clash
- 09:48 Convincing wins for in-form Louth Hockey Club 2nds
- 09:48 NatWest's boost for city