Six babies in MRSA outbreak at Addenbrooke's Hospital
Six babies have been affected by an outbreak of the MRSA "superbug" at a hospital maternity unit in Cambridge.
The infants were found to be carrying the bacteria on their skin at the Rosie neonatal ward of Addenbrooke's Hospital, the Cambridge News reported.
The bug was found during routine checks, the hospital said.
The babies are being monitored and no units have closed. Public Health England has been made aware, its trust added.
The outbreak came to light after a "higher incidence of positive colonisation" of the bug was noticed during routine monitoring within the... read more
- 17:02 Top apps for introducing your kids to music
- 17:02 Police search for missing 16-year-old from Vietnam
- 17:02 First Christmas lights go up on homes in Newcastle & the North East
- 17:01 Death of young man 'not suspicious', Derbyshire police say
- 17:00 Virgin Trains puts 300,000 half-price East Coast tickets up for sale
- 17:00 Road closure in place as crews tackle Corby fire
- 17:00 Charles Manson death: Where are the Family members now?
- 17:00 Senator Al Franken accused of misconduct by second woman
- 17:00 Own goal of the year? Chelsea loanee Fankaty Dabo chips his OWN...
- 17:00 Volvo Cars to supply Uber with up to 24,000 self-driving cars
- 17:00 World's first artificial meteor shower will take place in 2019 with...
- 16:58 Heart disease symptoms: Having a DOG could reduce your risk of...
- 16:58 Who is Morgan Tsvangirai? Zimbabwe opposition leader calls for...
- 16:58 Angela Merkel joins calls for new elections after coalition talks...
- 16:58 Heathrow reveals their Christmas advert featuring the 50-year love...
- 16:58 North Korea crisis: Donald Trump declares intent to brand Pyongyang...
- 16:58 Man arrested after 25-year-old rookie cop is shot dead
- 16:58 Trump plans to declare North Korea a state sponsor of terror
- 16:58 Death of young man 'not suspicious', Derbyshire police say
- 16:58 Dad convinces others that parking space is only for black people
- 16:58 Man jailed for smothering children to death with petrol-soaked rag
- 16:58 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 16:57 Crash blocks Wakefield road
- 16:56 Arsenal appoint recruitment expert Sven Mislintat who found stars...
- 16:56 Tyson Fury calls out Tony Bellew after David Haye pulls out of...
- 16:55 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 16:54 Three injured as bus and van in head-on crash
- 16:53 Merkel 'prefers new vote' after talks fail
- 16:51 There was NO pause in global warming: 'Slow down' in climate change...
- 16:51 Site of the Battle of Brunanburh that saved England from Viking...