Sisters who lost their Sunderland mother to brain tumour plead for more funding to research killer condition
A pair of sisters who lost their Sunderland mother to a brain tumour have welcomed a new report that highlights the need for more funding into a condition that kills more children and adults under 40 than any other cancer.
Lisa Atkinson and Louise Bircham were left devastated when their mother Lorna Atkinson, of East Herrington, was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour and passed away in March just 18 months later at the age of 68.
Devoted to her family, grandmother Lorna went from living an active lifestyle, which included playing badminton and going to Zumba and Boxerfit classes, to... read more
- 10:00 Charity on the lookout for help
- 10:00 Retail sales fall 1.9% in December
- 10:00 You should report passengers who watch porn on public transport,...
- 09:59 Sheffield teacher named as Yorkshire’s ‘souper star’
- 09:59 Nottinghamshire farmer plants 'edible woodland'
- 09:59 College plans to take on former deeds building
- 09:58 Funeral of Daniel McMullen takes place in Workington today
- 09:58 Hospital faces rise in business rates
- 09:58 Man caught on CCTV stealing meat worth £60 from Leeds Road Co-op
- 09:57 Overturned car in serious accident near Tamworth
- 09:57 Two patients treated after collision near West Midlands Water Ski...
- 09:57 Husband of Kulwinder Kaur charged with her murder
- 09:56 Lancaster cafe owner denies owing ex-staff wages
- 09:57 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: We tried our best - Steve Bruce
- 09:56 City becomes national LGBT hub
- 09:56 Sheffield man jailed after turning 'ceramic bong' shaped like...
- 09:56 A new era for your favourite local newspapers
- 09:56 Dan Evans reaches fourth round of a Grand Slam for first time after...
- 09:56 Jealous husband stabbed wife to death because she talked to...
- 09:56 City News: Halfords' happy Christmas, furniture-makers fined and a...
- 09:56 U.S. consortium reveals failed bid for Nottingham Forest
- 09:56 Hospitals issue safety alerts
- 09:56 Manchester United could do with a miracle but it's Man City who...
- 09:56 Uber to pay $20 million to settle U.S. claims it misled drivers
- 09:55 Devastated family of missing dad-of-four pay heartbreaking tribute...
- 09:53 Plans for Radiotherapy unit at Doncaster hospital put on hold
- 09:53 Enthusiasts putting on their dancing shoes for Roy Castle
- 09:53 BREAKING: ISIS destroys ancient monuments in Palmyra after jihadis...
- 09:52 Todmorden’s Yorkshire Bank branch to be axed
- 09:52 David De Gea offers Manchester United star Paul Pogba advice after...