Sir Terry Wogan has BBC radio building named after him
The building from where Sir Terry Wogan broadcast his last Radio 2 breakfast show has been renamed after him.
BBC Western House, located next to New Broadcasting House in central London, will now be known as BBC Wogan House.
The Wogan family, who were on hand to see the building's new signage unveiled on Wednesday, said they were "extremely touched by such a wonderful gesture".
Sir Terry, who died in January, hosted the Radio 2 breakfast show from 1972 and 1984 and again from 1993 to 2009.
The much-loved DJ was last on air on Radio 2 in November 2015, presenting his Weekend Wogan... read more
- 16:14 WATCH: Stomach-churning footage of cruise ship being BATTERED by...
- 16:12 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:12 Welcome to Chester's chocolate factory
- 16:12 Do you know this man?
- 16:11 Suspect in school machete incident appears in court
- 16:11 Police 'wanted' man appeal: Have you seen this suspected burglar...
- 16:11 Stabbing victim Aiden McAteer's family tell of shock at home attack
- 16:11 Hilton shoplifter stole garlic and tomatoes worth £1 from Tesco
- 16:11 Wife beating cricketer Mustafa Bashir could have his sentence...
- 16:10 This is when Beauty and the Beast Chip mugs will be back in Primark
- 16:10 Revealed: Ambitious bid to send Channel 4 to Coventry
- 16:10 Some 146 migrants feared dead after shipwreck, sole survivor says
- 16:10 Do you recognise these watches?
- 16:08 Fantasy Football Tips: The transfers you should make for Gameweek 30
- 16:07 RNLI figures show increase for Northumberland lifeboat crews
- 16:07 Knitted chicks set to boost funds
- 16:07 Everything you need to know ahead of May's local elections in...
- 16:07 New property firm Watsons Estate Agency opens in Kimberley
- 16:07 See New Year's Eve road menace take police on 100mph pursuit in...
- 16:07 The Whitehouse in Sawley is to close and re-open as a tapas...
- 16:07 School cuts: 'Education is in crisis. We’re being asked to do more,...
- 16:06 Lord Jordan encourages Claverdon School pupils to grasp opportunities
- 16:06 Call goes out for your funny pet photos
- 16:06 Suspicious incident reported in Radford Semele
- 16:06 Merseyrail reveals Grand National day plans for train services...
- 16:06 Analysis: Brexit letter brings change of tone from PM
- 16:06 VIDEO: Fire closes off part of Mansfield town centre
- 16:06 Nine new animal cruelty complaints EVERY DAY in Nottinghamshire
- 16:05 President Hollande ‘Brexit will be PAINFUL for the British’
- 16:05 Engineers repair Syria's Tabqa dam spillways after shelling