Sir Lenny Henry to play demagogue at Donmar Warehouse
Sir Lenny Henry is to play a demagogue inspired by Adolf Hitler as part of a season of plays at London's Donmar Warehouse on the theme of power.
The comedian turned actor will play the title role in Bertolt Brecht's 1941 play The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui.
The satire, about a Chicago mobster's rise to power, has been adapted by Clybourne Park author Bruce Norris.
The season will also include a musical based on the 2015 collapse of the Kids Company charity.
The Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee Takes Oral Evidence on Whitehall's Relationship with Kids Company will... read more
- 05:18 Why road to Syria peace could begin in a sleepy Swedish farmhouse
- 05:18 Stuck in Jamaica: 'My pension, my house and my kids are in the UK'
- 05:18 Jaguar Land Rover: What could happen next?
- 05:13 Mum of 4 says ceiling collapsed on autistic son 3 weeks ago - and...
- 05:13 The clever way victims caught mum-of-3 stealing their mail for...
- 05:13 Mum gives update on fundraising for terminal cancer treatment to...
- 05:12 West Brom have two players back as Liverpool's injury crisis revealed
- 05:12 Birmingham City man tracked by Leeds United and others as side to...
- 05:08 Stolen car in fatal crash was being chased by police - Ombudsman
- 04:50 Concerns grow over fate of Sydney's last government-owned sandstone...
- 04:47 Trago Mills's £65m Merthyr Tydfil store opens at last
- 04:25 Thousands of families can't afford to top up their energy meter
- 03:55 John Sentamu: In Stephen Lawrence’s memory, we will defy racism
- 03:53 Five people die as anti-government protests spread across Nicaragua
- 03:47 Residents 'not showered' care home in Essex warned
- 03:45 TRAVEL REVIEW: Fun for everyone at Butlins Skegness
- 03:43 Call to save military airfields from closure
- 03:42 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 03:33 Whitley Bay superdad wins prestigious award
- 03:24 Real ale drinkers asked to embrace change
- 03:11 Justine Greening: It’s in the interests of Yorkshire business to...
- 03:01 Antidote that can treat ALL deadly snake bites could be on the...
- 02:59 Highlights, presentations and recruitment - a week in the life of...
- 02:58 Oprah Winfrey given Swiss apology for 'racist treatment' over handbag
- 02:45 No joke: have China's censors gone too far with ban on humour app?
- 02:43 Missed this week's entertainment news?
- 02:42 Graduation – a guide for parents
- 02:42 Drugs, sleeplessness, isolation: the downside of being a dance...
- 02:32 Why do the Chinese love Bicester Village?
- 02:21 Southwest Airlines accident: Authorities order mass engine inspections