Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement ended my Manchester United career, reveals Robin van Persie
Robin van Persie believes he could still be a Manchester United player today had Sir Alex Ferguson not retired in 2013.
The Dutchman was one of Ferguson’s final signings at Old Trafford following the 33-year-old’s £24million arrival from Arsenal in 2012.
The forward agreed to join the Red Devils under the belief that the legendary Scot would continue at the Theatre of Dreams but Ferguson shocked the world of football with an impromptu announcement after the side’s title win.
Van Persie stayed at Old Trafford for two further seasons, playing under David Moyes and Louis van Gaal, and returns... read more
- 14:05 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 14:04 Children kept mother’s body at home to keep collecting her pension
- 14:03 EA kick-start recovery of the River Witham following major...
- 14:03 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 14:02 MH17: Australia and Netherlands accuse Russia of complicity
- 14:01 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho ‘crazy’ about Real Madrid ace and...
- 14:01 Champions League final: Wijnaldum makes Liverpool trophy claim...
- 14:01 The rise of the dog-napper
- 14:01 Parachute plot: The ex-girlfriend who walked away
- 14:00 Where to eat in June: New London restaurants you should check out
- 14:00 Project Update: Final element of retail park bid given green light
- 14:00 Nexus reveal Bank Holiday timetable changes for Metro services
- 13:59 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and sex abuse against two women
- 13:57 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown
- 13:46 Woman who posted Holocaust denial songs to YouTube convicted
- 13:46 Timely questions
- 13:46 Arts ahead
- 13:46 How £12,000 purchase has helped academics assemble world’s most...
- 13:46 Wellesbourne Ladies finish as region’s best in Super Sunday tournament