Singapore accuses Chinese paper of fabricating South China Sea story
Singapore's ambassador to China on Tuesday accused a major state-run Chinese newspaper of fabricating a report about Singapore's position on the South China Sea, but the paper stuck by its story.
The Global Times said on Sept. 21 that at a summit of the Non-Aligned Movement in Venezuela, Singapore had raised the issue of the disputed waterway and an international tribunal's ruling in favour of the Philippines in a case it lodged against Chinese claims.
The influential tabloid, published by the ruling Communist Party's official People's Daily, said Singapore's attempt was foiled by the... read more
- 16:24 Brighouse accident shuts road
- 16:24 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:24 Owners of The Grapes give update on future of iconic pub after closure
- 16:22 Scottish fathers in low-income jobs less likely to take paternity...
- 16:21 When Harry met Antony
- 16:21 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:21 Berkeley hits peak profits as it warns of London housing slump
- 16:19 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:19 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:18 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:18 Are you guilty of Gatsbying?
- 16:17 Axel Tuanzebe and Aston Villa: What next for the Manchester United...
- 16:17 'Announce Yacob new contract' - West Brom fans react to departing trio
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start
- 16:14 Labour looks for community organiser in Northumberland
- 16:14 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:14 Time passes more slowly for flies, study finds
- 16:13 Empty 'ghost' school costing Liverpool taxpayers £12,000 a DAY -...
- 16:13 Police who saved drug dealer from sinking car to receive bravery award
- 16:13 Police confirm death of Burnley road traffic accident victim
- 16:13 Lottery winners announced in Padiham
- 16:12 Upmarket restaurant chain Prescott and Conran collapses into...