Simon Platts of ASOS wants to source more products from Leicester
Simon Platts, is the director of sourcing, ethical trade and sustainability for of online fashion retailer ASOS, is a huge believer in sourcing more products from the UK, especially in Leicester. Deputy Business Editor Lauren Mills heard his story
Simon Platts may hail from Sheffield, but his passion for Leicestershire is obvious as soon as he starts speaking. Don't let his South Yorkshire accent put you off, or the fact he started his career in fashion as a Saturday boy in a Next store in Sheffield.
It was the mid-1980s and Next was expanding quickly. It opened a standalone menswear store... read more
- 16:10 Manchester United's run of televised FA Cup games moves onto 56...
- 16:10 GCHQ seeks teenage girls to join cyber security fight
- 16:10 Barcelona legend Rivaldo hangs out with Lionel Messi, Neymar and...
- 16:10 Football child abuse scandal: Number of claims tops 1,000
- 16:09 Berwick set to mark the 50th anniversary of ‘greatest day’
- 16:09 Proof needed of taxi drivers’ right to work
- 16:09 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:08 Stocks, dollar steady after Trump-led dip
- 16:08 Israel deploys "Star Wars" missile killer system
- 16:07 West Bridgford house once home to a Dambusters hero on sale for...
- 16:07 Delays to tram services after incident in The Meadows
- 16:07 15 year jail sentence forSt Ann's who raped child
- 16:07 City pub will soon be home to Nottingham's only vintage analogue...
- 16:07 Man United benefited from Christian Benteke's FA Cup double -...
- 16:07 This is what the law says on what to do if somebody parks outside...
- 16:06 Coton Green boss Masefield's delight as Green Army hit six
- 16:06 Coleshill Town fans are enjoying a 'feast of football'
- 16:06 Leamington park improvement works to start next week
- 16:06 Troon boss warns his team of relegation battle ahead of visit of...
- 16:05 Controversial plans for Moresby Parks houses given green light
- 16:05 Wrexham AFC striker Izale McLeod delighted to open his Dragons account
- 16:04 Lindley clock tower to be illuminated 115 years after it was built
- 16:04 Abandoned vehicle causing delays on M1
- 16:03 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses in Warwickshire...
- 16:03 Horncastle Town Council defends 20.42 per cent hike in tax bills
- 16:03 Ulverston Town Council gears up to bring in 20mph zone
- 16:03 Rhyl FC announce new young signing...and this one's only three days...
- 16:02 Chesterfield campaigners to build a ‘wall’ to mark Donald Trump’s...
- 16:02 Zimbabwe pastor in court over Mugabe death prophecy
- 16:02 Is YOUR job stressful? You're at higher risk of 5 forms of cancer...