Simon Platts of ASOS wants to source more products from Leicester
Simon Platts, is the director of sourcing, ethical trade and sustainability for of online fashion retailer ASOS, is a huge believer in sourcing more products from the UK, especially in Leicester. Deputy Business Editor Lauren Mills heard his story
Simon Platts may hail from Sheffield, but his passion for Leicestershire is obvious as soon as he starts speaking. Don't let his South Yorkshire accent put you off, or the fact he started his career in fashion as a Saturday boy in a Next store in Sheffield.
It was the mid-1980s and Next was expanding quickly. It opened a standalone menswear store... read more
- 09:52 Neymar ‘tells’ Real Madrid to complete Chelsea and Man Utd deals...
- 09:51 WATCH: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce talks Derby and the latest team...
- 09:51 West Brom emerge as a favourite to sign former Wolves man
- 09:51 Blackpool: From the courts 27-04-18
- 09:51 Simon Weston dinner axed over low ticket sales
- 09:50 ‘We need darkness for our health’ councillors claim as they approve...
- 09:50 Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams did not have to slay...
- 09:49 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:49 UK growth in first quarter falls to 0.1%, says ONS
- 09:48 RBS profits treble to £792million in early 2018, as taxpayer-backed...
- 09:48 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:48 World Snooker Championship 2018 LIVE: Updates from Ronnie...
- 09:47 Leamington celebrate survival
- 09:46 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:45 The EFL and Football Supporters Federation launch new fan survey on...
- 09:45 Giannis Antetokounmpo shines as Bill Clinton watches from courtside...
- 09:45 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 09:44 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:44 Watch drink driver's wild ride which was caught on her own dash cam
- 09:44 DERBYSHIRE: Safeguarding training for taxi and bus drivers
- 09:43 Staff, students and parents at a Cumbria school have condemned the...
- 09:43 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:43 Have you seen missing Spalding man Szymon Janczewski?
- 09:42 Tributes paid to young Leeds man killed in Doncaster horror smash
- 09:42 Double-amputee climbs 2,700 steps using just her arms
- 09:42 Caught on camera in Leeds: Can you help police identify these people?
- 09:42 FEATURE: 'How HS2 has affected my life for the last seven years’
- 09:41 Couple fuming after 15 hour flight ends with them back at same...
- 09:41 CCTV APPEAL: Elderly Preston couple conned out of home and savings
- 09:41 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing