Signed up for Stoptober? Here's ten tips to combat cravings
October starts today ... and that means hundreds of people are kicking a serious habit. For October is also called Stoptober, when people sign up to the NHS campaign to stop smoking.
The campaign claims that if you stop smoking for 28 days, you are five times more likely to quit for good, so it uses the month of October to kick-start smokers into stumping out the habit.
With pressured lives, stressful jobs and hectic family routines, many smokers seek solace in those few minutes with their cigarette.
But with 28 days of biting nails and people's heads off as you try to avoid those... read more
- 13:45 Music is key to Rachel’s studies fund
- 13:45 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:45 Peter Andre suggests medication for anxiety is ‘wiping the problem...
- 13:44 Uncertainty for 20 staff at Barrow construction firm amid reported...
- 13:44 Church cash denied
- 13:44 New village speed signs for Deeping St Nicholas
- 13:44 Bill for grass cutting
- 13:42 Cops target Notts drivers using their mobile phones
- 13:43 Why earthworms are so important
- 13:42 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:42 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:42 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 13:42 Premier League Team of the Season revealed - but there's a twist
- 13:42 Done Deal: West Brom tie down Gareth McAuley to new contract
- 13:42 Jose Mourinho has back-up plan should Antoine Griezmann snub Man...
- 13:41 SSE fearful of lower annual profits than expected as customers gear...
- 13:40 Film review: Ghost in the Shell
- 13:39 ‘Railway history’ to be made as station reopens after 50 years
- 13:39 Army reservist qualifies as elite fitness instructor
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...