Siemens trims job cut plans for unit in Germany
Siemens (SIEGn.DE) has agreed with labour representatives to cut 1,700 jobs in Germany, fewer than originally planned, as part of a restructuring of its Process Industries and Drives unit, which has been hit by weak demand from the oil and gas sector.
A spokesman for the German engineering group said on Tuesday the cuts would take place over four years and there would be no compulsory redundancies.
Siemens had said in March it would cut around 2,500 jobs worldwide in areas related to the oil and gas, metals and mining sectors, of which about 2,000 would be in Germany.
It expects... read more
- 10:03 Half of UK households are now worried about Brexit as concern grows...
- 10:02 Cumbrian family welcomes its fifth generation
- 09:56 Boil water advice for homes in Tameside and Saddleworth
- 09:56 Man charged over girls sex assault in Burnley
- 09:56 Qantas to fly from London to Australia non-stop
- 09:54 Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says his team-mates have a duty to...
- 09:54 Jose Mourinho keen on bringing Edinson Cavani to Manchester United
- 09:51 Bitter row dubbed Trousergate breaks out over Theresa May’s trousers
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road
- 09:26 Welsh Government property deals net nearly £7m profit since 2007