Sick of Tinder? Hinge app replaces swiping with liking and commenting to get millennials talking again
In 2013, a new dating app called Hinge was launched, which like Tinder, used the swiping feature.
But while users were swiping a lot, the app found that only 15 per cent of matches were turning into conversations.
To get millennials talking again, Hinge has re-launched a new version of the app, which replaces swiping with the ability to like and comment on other users' pictures, in the hope of sparking conversation.
NEW FEATURES ON HINGE Rather than swiping through profiles, users can now interact by commenting on each others' photos, or responding to their 'story card' – which contain... read more
- 09:34 Labour fined £20,000 for the famous ‘EdStone’
- 09:33 Residents told covenant is just ‘folklore’
- 09:32 Scots tennis player Jamie Murray to receive OBE
- 09:32 Cumbria pylon plan sparks energetic debate
- 09:32 Jamie Murray to be awarded OBE for services to tennis and charity
- 09:32 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 09:31 Chelsea star reveals he's held crunch talks with Antonio Conte
- 09:30 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:29 300 seasonal jobs for Bathgate as Royal Mail opens parcel sort...
- 09:28 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pays big compliment to Jurgen...
- 09:28 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:28 City centre street closed after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 09:27 Motorcyclist died after crash on A38 slip road, despite public...
- 09:27 Inside Out to take closer look at NHS diabetes epidemic
- 09:26 Google Pixel vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Android phone 2016
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...