Shropshire's hospitals facing crisis over winter pressures
0 Comments Shrewsbury & Telford Hospitals NHS Trust needs at least £1 million and 92 extra beds.
But due to its rising deficit, board members said they are struggling to find a solution that covers both hospitals and stays within budget.
Health bosses say patient safety is more important than financial pressures, and have told the hospital board to come up with a solution as soon as possible.
Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust, which runs the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and Telford’s Princess Royal Hospital, had agreed a £5.9m deficit with health bosses for 2016/17. But the latest... read more
- 11:21 Latest: Collision closes A66 at Keswick
- 11:21 Star Wars film launches city's first Superscreen cinema at Cineworld
- 11:21 Michael McIntyre announces ANOTHER Birmingham show - how to get...
- 11:21 West Brom transfer news: Alan Pardew targets Liverpool striker
- 11:21 EastEnders spoilers: Keanu Taylor actor teases DEADLY end to crime...
- 11:21 What did we search for most on Google this year?
- 11:20 Grim search for missing Huddersfield soldier Robert Tolson amid...
- 11:20 Pound V euro: GBP exchange rate pushes higher as UK wage growth surges
- 11:20 Will it snow again before Christmas? Forecast for the festive season
- 11:19 Popular Slimming World ‘free foods’ now counted as ‘syns’
- 11:19 Community heroes thanked for making a difference in Rushden and Raunds
- 11:19 Notts drink-drive campaign challenges festive revellers
- 11:19 Teenager taken to hospital after van and motorbike crash
- 11:19 Angel Gomes sends message to Manchester United fans after ‘liking’...
- 11:19 St Mary’s Lighthouse to turn orange in memory of youngster
- 11:19 Spotting the differences at Leicester Market
- 11:19 What did we search for most on Google this year?
- 11:19 Keeping Jolley – despite the bleak midwinter cold
- 11:18 Lofty ambitions as ROKT's Olympic-class climbing arena nears...
- 11:18 Full facts about death of tragic Borrowash mum Claire Nagle...
- 11:18 Shocking prison footage shows 'prisoner hit on head with pool balls...
- 11:18 Mum's warning to parents with babies after daughter with suspected...
- 11:17 Meryl Streep says boardroom inequality contributed to Hollywood sex...
- 11:17 Police and paramedics team up to go to keep Christmas nights out safe
- 11:15 Middleweight rivals, Cash, O’Neil to slug it out in Eastend
- 11:15 Conor McGregor returns to training as he’s told to defend his LW title
- 11:15 Neymar: Barcelona star opens up on huge bust-up with Brazilian...
- 11:15 Smile! You're on police body worn camera
- 11:15 Three men accused of starting fire which destroyed house in court...
- 11:15 Ashes column: Dull Ashes as drama is off-wicket