Should you REALLY stop wearing deodorants because of cancer risk? Expert shuns underarm products after studying their chemical ingredients
As breast cancer rates continue to rise, experts have debated about where to lay the blame.
Certainly, there is the obesity crisis, the fact that women drink more alcohol than before and that we tend to be less active than women of previous generations — all known risk factors.
With the introduction of a breast screening service in the late Eighties, more cancers are now detected, too.
But could some of the blame lie with the use of antiperspirants? Most use aluminium-based compounds to prevent sweat, probably by inhibiting sweat glands.
This is different from deodorants, which don’t stop... read more
- 10:56 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:56 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 10:56 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:56 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:56 Young Jack needs a new home
- 10:55 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:54 Serbia and Kosovo 'on brink of WAR' as troops line border to ‘bomb’...
- 10:54 South Yorkshire fires round-up: Arsonists wreak havoc in spate of...
- 10:54 After snow, storms and rough seas, what has the North East weather...
- 10:54 Farewell The West Wing: White House press corps to leave iconic...
- 10:53 7 ways of getting the taxman to help you beat the January financial...
- 10:53 European club boss confirms he wants to sign Chelsea and West Ham...
- 10:53 Ivan Toney and Matt Crooks can be good signings for Scunthorpe:...
- 10:53 Angry Birds maker Rovio to open game development studio in London
- 10:53 Oracle opens start-up accelerator in Israel for cloud innovation
- 10:53 Blue Monday: 14 ways to stay cheery in Chester
- 10:53 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:53 Bayern Munich make Marco Verratti their priority target as Carlo...
- 10:53 Top Lancashire politician to retire before the ‘grim reaper comes’
- 10:52 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe