Should you ditch a property fund that locked away your cash? The three choices investors must consider
After being locked into property funds for three months, savers will soon be able to take their cash out. But should they?
Funds shut their doors at the end of June amid fears the Brexit vote in the EU referendum could cause a property price crash as a flood of panicking savers tried to get their cash out.
Some £14.5billion of savers' money was on lockdown.
The reason was that if there was a run on a property fund – which own actual bricks and mortar – it would be forced into a fire-sale of its assets to raise enough money to give back to investors, which could seriously harm the fund.
In... read more
- 20:40 Demonic possession is REAL, says psychiatry professor who's spent...
- 20:40 A 'saboteur' in the ranks: Elon Musk says rogue Tesla employee...
- 20:37 Popular Harrogate restaurant to move location
- 20:37 'Minor explosion' closes London tube station
- 20:36 Man laughs and smirks as he kicks cat across field like a football
- 20:36 'Essentially summer camps': how the right is defending family...
- 20:36 Abandoned dog dumped on roadside after foot rotted away
- 20:36 Crete resort death: West Sussex man guilty of manslaughter
- 20:35 Cancer centre expansion delay
- 20:28 Capita awarded £500m MoD contract despite 'highest risk rating'
- 20:27 US 'to quit UN human rights council'
- 20:24 Queen Victoria marble portrait saved from export to tune of £1m
- 20:23 Liverpool's most polluted roads revealed
- 20:23 Police keen to speak to group of males on bikes after targeted...
- 20:23 MP vows ‘the Mack will rise again’ after devastating blaze
- 20:22 Man ‘told parents he would kill one and make the survivor...
- 20:21 Woman died after getting stuck in Pennal airing cupboard
- 20:21 Bakewell pudding sent to the edge of space goes missing
- 20:19 Donald Trump author Ann Coulter sparks outrage with 'child actor'...
- 20:19 Club promoter who killed schoolboy with single punch at Greek...
- 20:17 People who drink ‘live longer’ than those who don’t
- 20:16 UK summer barbecues threatened by shortage of carbon dioxide
- 20:15 West Brom reject bid for one striker - and continue discussions for...
- 20:07 Ex-Hull nightclub boss and luxury yacht designer Arthur Wilder...
- 20:06 Swadlincote man avoids immediate jail sentence after threats made...
- 20:06 Pregnant pause on baby leave proxy vote vexes MPs
- 20:04 Judge tells Workington man he will face prison
- 20:01 Donald Trump hugs American flag as he vows to launch new military...
- 20:01 Nick Kyrgios gives verdict on Andy Murray after injury return
- 20:00 Exam board 'sorry' for audio mix-up in French and Spanish A-levels