Should YOU be worried about your cholesterol? From sleeping more to eating eggs: 10 things you should know to keep your heart in check
As many as as seven million Britons are thought to be taking statins, drugs that lower cholesterol.
But how much do we really know about this substance that’s apparently putting so many of us at risk?
In fact, in small quantities, cholesterol, a fatty substance made by the liver, is essential for health — this is because cholesterol forms the structure of our cells and is used in the creation of hormones such as oestrogen and testosterone.
Here, we reveal other surprising facts about cholesterol and how you might inadvertently be doing things that make your levels rise or fall too much...... read more
- 14:18 Arsenal star has been a major disappointment this season - Didi Hamann
- 14:17 High Peak councillors approve 1.9% council tax hike
- 14:17 Nicola Sturgeon's 'heart breaks' for Paige Doherty's family after...
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner
- 14:06 All aboard the Second City Crossing
- 14:06 New planets that could host alien life discovered with help of...
- 14:05 UCLan team helps to find new planets
- 14:05 Police warn people to ‘stay off roads’ as Storm Doris hits
- 14:05 Numbness and tingling in the hands could be THIS common syndrome -...
- 14:05 UK inflation expectations steady for year ahead, rise further out