'Shortfalls' in care of sick and premature babies
The Welsh NHS needs to tackle a number of "shortfalls" in the care being provided for sick and premature newborn babies, an annual audit has concluded.
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health's (RCPCH) analysis showed the Welsh NHS was performing relatively poorly in a number of key areas.
It suggested Wales was lagging behind in providing follow-up assessments.
The Welsh Government said there had been steady improvements.
The audit, based on 2015 figures, said premature babies had a follow-up appointment aged two in only 31% of cases - compared to 60% across Wales,... read more
- 21:08 Relegated Sunderland poised to appoint St Mirren’s Jack Ross as...
- 21:08 Chelsea prepare talks to sign Unai Emery’s top Arsenal transfer...
- 21:08 Lawmakers choke back tears, rail at US Olympic leaders at emotional...
- 21:08 Fraud trial collapses over disclosure of BHA evidence
- 21:06 Police called to man on roof of castle hotel
- 21:06 Two women charged with murder over death of South Yorkshire woman
- 21:05 Alvaro Morata next club odds: Juventus, Man Utd among favourites to...
- 21:04 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 21:03 Beyonce and Jay Z show at Hampden given go ahead
- 20:56 Sebastian Vettel disagrees with phasing out of ‘grid girls’ in Monaco
- 20:53 Brexit: Ex-Vote Leave director Cummings warns of 'train wreck'
- 20:52 Uber shuts down self-driving operation in Arizona after fatal crash
- 20:52 Drink-driving dwarf reality star sobs in court as she admits...
- 20:44 'Righteous fight': Warren and Booker call on religious voters to...
- 20:43 Manchester attack: GMP chief criticises BBC documentary
- 20:42 ‘Whistleblower’ woman was ‘taped to chair and gagged by colleagues’
- 20:41 West Craven Well Being Group out to combat loneliness
- 20:35 Fibromyalgia - ‘it’s a battle of mind over body’
- 20:33 Andres Iniesta confirms next move after Barcelona exit
- 20:30 New York City to consider banning plastic straws
- 20:28 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:27 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:27 PICTURES: Dramatic images show raging inferno near South Yorkshire...
- 20:24 Dementia sufferer, 98, ‘died after care home workers left her in...
- 20:23 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 PICTURES: Multiple vehicle crash on busy Sheffield road
- 20:21 City creative firms in UK top 50
- 20:20 Dementia sufferer, 98, ‘died after care home workers left her in...
- 20:20 Henrikh Mkhitaryan tells Unai Emery what he expects from him...
- 20:19 Thousands flock to Bidford Vintage Gathering