Short story: My Two Grandmothers (by their favourite grandson)
My two grandmothers come for lunch every Sunday. They both have white hair that’s curled and sprayed into the shape of a goldfish bowl.
They both wear bright woolly cardigans with rather exotic scarves tied at the neck. Their skirts have elasticated waists and fall just below the knee. Their tights are flesh-coloured and very thick and shiny. Their legs look like sausages that are about to explode.
Their feet are squeezed into mock-leather slip-on shoes with very flat heels. Even on special occasions, they wear the same shoes. Even if they are holding some kind of early evening drinks... read more
- 08:29 Arsenal express Djibril Sidibe transfer interest to Monaco
- 08:30 Man winched to safety after plunging into Lincoln waterway
- 08:30 See inside pictures of the abandoned Camelot Theme Park
- 08:29 Jose Mourinho’s peculiar Monaco trip has got Manchester United fans...
- 08:29 Chelsea and Man Utd in contention to sign Italy ace: Bidding starts...
- 08:29 Police arrest wannabe pilot in new terror raid as Manchester attack...
- 08:29 Former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega dies aged 83
- 08:28 Smith’s all-round display helps F&B to victory
- 08:26 Scottish Land & Estates boosts senior management team
- 08:26 Jeremy Corbyn rules out deal with SNP in hung Parliament
- 08:24 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd push; Chelsea, Arsenal,...
- 08:24 Shares in BA-owner IAG fall 4 percent after weekend chaos
- 08:23 Kim Jong Nam accused moved to higher court: Facing death penalty if...
- 08:22 Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
- 08:22 When are the 2017 General Election debates on TV? All you need to know
- 08:22 Female zookeeper killed in tiger attack at Hamerton Zoo
- 08:22 Labour's free childcare pledge to help 'more than a million families'
- 08:22 Ariana Grande's mum pays tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 08:22 Manchester United Antoine Griezmann transfer discussed by Saul Niguez
- 08:21 Eamonn Holmes GRILLS David Davis over Brexit negotiations on GMB:...
- 08:20 Poldark’s Aidan Turner used to be an amateur dancer but ‘can’t...
- 08:20 Beyonce hasn’t had her twins yet and fans are getting impatient
- 08:20 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:18 Australia to cancel the passports of convicted paedophiles
- 08:18 School life: Calderdale College student to premiere his own production
- 08:16 Jab to stop damage after a heart attack: Protein in the injection...
- 08:16 Cancer drugs that could help end women's monthly agony: Discovery...
- 08:16 Almost 900,000 Britons are too fat to work: Number is five times...
- 08:16 Tiny telescope inserted into your eye that 10 TIMES stronger than...
- 08:16 an arrested after explosion in Malvern