Shocking picture shows freezing pensioner forced to wait 3 HOURS in the pouring rain for an ambulance after breaking her leg
This is the shocking image that shows an 83-year-old dementia sufferer huddled under an umbrella as she waited for three hours for an ambulance.
Widow Hazel Baines, from Grantham, slipped over on the pavement as she walked home in pouring rain and broke her leg.
Passers-by rushed to help her and rang 999 before putting her on a garden chair and held an umbrella over her head to protect her from the rain.
But an emergency call handler failed to send an ambulance and advised her to get a taxi to the hospital - which was 25 miles away - because they were busy.
A local taxi firm said they were... read more
- 11:46 Gay priest Jeremy Pemberton's discrimination appeal dismissed
- 11:46 The stunning helmets Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel and the rest...
- 11:45 This lorry is helping snare dangerous drivers on Midlands motorways
- 11:45 Gang attack Nuneaton teen and steal his jacket and trainers
- 11:45 Homes raided in crime crackdown in Doncaster
- 11:44 Missing woman, 83, found
- 11:44 Trunks unpacked as happy trio settle in ahead of big opening at...
- 11:44 Derbyshire woman dubbed ‘world’s biggest fan’ after meeting more...
- 11:43 Warwickshire’s first drug and alcohol community rehab centre opens...
- 11:42 PNE striker Sean Maguire eyes play-off push
- 11:42 YOUR VIEW: Sorry, no sympathy whatsoever for homeless
- 11:42 EU referendum result may not be legitimate due to Facebook data...
- 11:42 Mum could face charges after daughter died in car that went into river
- 11:42 South Korea to shut off computers to stop people working late
- 11:42 Liverpool legend reveals the only way Reds can stop Mohamed Salah...
- 11:42 Man Utd may not get in top four for this reason - Sky Sports pundit...
- 11:41 Several cars on fire in Derbyshire
- 11:41 Derbyshire woman dubbed ‘world’s biggest fan’ after meeting more...
- 11:41 Wasps provide Coventry City fans with update on Ricoh Arena seating...
- 11:41 Clean hard-to-tackle household appliances using everyday items
- 11:40 In this week’s Herald. . .
- 11:39 Families in Leeds warned of "potential safety issue" after...
- 11:39 UK retail sales rise eases pressure on high street
- 11:39 Man stabbed as gun fired at house in Hordern Road, Wolverhampton
- 11:38 It’s our very own nostalgic Hartlepool Easter bonnet parade!
- 11:38 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 11:38 New £8.4million Metro railway skills facility approved for South...
- 11:38 REVEALED: The best dental surgeries in Halifax - as rated by their...
- 11:37 New £8.4million Metro railway skills facility approved for South...
- 11:37 Plea to leave seal in peace as it rests up at Sunderland beach