Shock increase in the number of cases of legal highs in Lincolnshire
There has been a substantial increase in the number of "legal high" incidents in shocking figures released by Lincolnshire Police.
A freedom of information request to the force showed a 12 per cent increase in police responding to calls concerning 'Legal highs' – despite the City of Lincoln Council becoming one of the first UK cities to ban consumption of the synthetic drugs in 2015.
Some legal highs were found to contain synthetic traces of class A drugs such as cocaine and heroin, with a blanket ban outlawing all distribution, sale and supply of the substances.
In total, there... read more
- 10:17 ‘I’m 41, single, disabled, broody. And still considering my options’
- 10:17 'It feels like having a limb cut off': the pain of friendship breakups
- 10:17 Blind date: ‘Awkward moments? Maybe when I ate food off his plate’
- 10:17 The secret to… combining your finances as a couple
- 10:16 Ripley girl selling precious toy to raise funds for air ambulance
- 10:14 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:14 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:12 COURT REGISTER: Who’s been before the bench...
- 10:09 Dave Seddon’s PNE Press View: It’s Alan Browne or Ben Pearson for...
- 10:09 Avicii’s ex-girlfriend speaks out in wake of his death: ‘He was my...
- 10:09 Ban on plastic bags to be introduced at markets in Warwick District
- 10:08 Anderton Boat Lift holds first 10k trail race and fun run
- 10:07 Smallville actress Allison Mack arrested and charged with sex...
- 10:07 Last sighting of Avicii shows Levels DJ looking frail and tired...
- 10:05 The Down Memory Lane Column - 1995 in pictures
- 10:05 Councillors hold Pocela surgery
- 10:05 Dog tales earn pupils a pooch
- 10:05 Win tickets for Heather Small’s one night in Wakefield at Warehouse 23
- 10:02 SHAKESPEARE CELEBRATIONS SPECIAL BLOG
- 10:02 Pescod Square joins forces with Amazon
- 09:58 Queen’s Awards for nine elite firms
- 09:56 Pack away the barbecue - UK braced for snow and plunging...
- 09:56 Police on the look out after car crime increase in Highfield
- 09:56 Have you seen missing man William Hope?
- 09:56 Police search for missing man Anthony Dean
- 09:56 Two men charged after woman robbed at knifepoint in Kenilworth
- 09:55 Have you seen missing man William Hope?
- 09:52 Former Sunderland players get a scoop of the action at new ice...
- 09:52 Owners urged to watch their pets' weight as insurers refuse to pay...
- 09:51 Former star reveals behind the scenes issues that caused Arsene...