Shipping container plans for homeless in Wrexham
Plans to use converted shipping containers for homeless people in Wrexham could get the go-ahead on Monday.
Wrexham council wants to use land at the rear of Ty Nos homeless shelter on Holt Road for four containers for temporary accommodation.
They will include a double bedroom, kitchen, toilet and shower room.
Volunteers have been handing out warm clothing to homeless people in the town during the cold weather.
Snooker star buys food for homeless man Storm Emma: Homeless sleep in snow Cafe to employ homeless as baristas A report to Wrexham's planning committee said the proposals should be... read more
- 06:00 Hero cop who swapped place with woman hostage during French terror...
- 05:51 5 best dinosaur video games of all-time and 2018 – Reader’s Feature
- 05:46 Tottenham 'consider signing Arsenal target' as they prepare for...
- 05:44 Labour MPs attack sacking of Owen Smith over Brexit
- 05:41 Sunday service and more evening trains announced as part of major...
- 05:32 Alastair Campbell diaries: Secret war between Tony Blair and Prince...
- 05:30 Gareth Bale to Man Utd: Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane to force...
- 05:25 F1 qualifying LIVE STREAM: Updates as Lewis Hamilton eyes pole in...
- 05:25 West Ham boss David Moyes set for splurge on Porto star Moussa Marega
- 05:25 Liverpool can challenge Man City and WIN Premier League if they do...
- 05:25 French police 'hero' dies of wounds
- 05:25 Chelsea star Pedro reveals honest feelings on Eden Hazard
- 05:23 Chapter One of The Driver’s Seat, by Muriel Spark, with an...
- 05:22 Revealed: Number of beggars fined under strict city centre rules
- 05:09 March for our Lives protests planned for 800 places across the world
- 05:09 Boko Haram kept one Dapchi girl who refused to deny her Christianity
- 05:08 Spain Catalonia: Clashes after separatist leaders detained
- 05:08 Man jailed for repeatedly stabbing man as he lay defenceless on the...
- 05:06 Counting birds to plot nature’s revival on the Peak District moors
- 05:04 Main Burnley road reopened after serious accident
- 04:51 North and South Korea schedule talks at Panmunjom within days
- 04:44 Coventry City digest: Promotion challenge, Baker latest, Crystie...
- 04:43 Chatsworth House £32m restoration unveiled
- 03:56 Paul Rogers: IS feeding on harvest of hate from air war
- 03:56 Tom Richmond: Staunch May let down by ministers over Putin
- 03:56 William Wallace: As brexit looms, has it all been worth it?
- 03:48 Hyperemesis gravidarum: The mum whose morning sickness has never...
- 03:48 Behind the job: Life as a Formula 1 mechanic
- 03:37 Russian spy: Being an agent 'messed up' Skripal's life
- 03:21 Main Burnley road reopened after serious accident