Sheila Barker inquest: Coroner criticises social services over delays
A coroner criticised social services over their failure to act with sufficient urgency during an inquest into the death of a 91-year-old woman.
Sheila Barker, a retired secretary and mother of two daughters, suffered for months with agonising pressure sores on both heels and elsewhere on her body.
The court heard she had been a resident at White Rose House care home in Huddersfield Road, Thongsbridge, since 2007.
A four-day inquest at Bradford Coroner’s Court heard that problems developed after she suffered a fall and a fracture of a thighbone in the autumn of 2011.
This led to a lack of... read more
- 12:14 Turns out Liverpool ARE playing in the Champions League
- 12:13 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:13 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'
- 12:13 Shop hopes to win licence by not selling super-strength alcohol
- 12:12 Man Utd Transfer News: Shock double Everton swoop, £60m Real raid,...
- 12:10 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:10 Teen’s tragic death is stark reminder on why not to drink or drug...
- 12:08 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:07 Two-car collision causing delays on the A38
- 12:07 Halloween boosts profits for Alton Towers owner
- 12:07 Mum campaigns for traffic lights outside North Wingfield primary
- 12:06 Donation made to food bank is a timely boost before Christmas
- 12:06 Grantham Journal letter: Centre has failed spectacularly
- 12:04 Matt Palmer wants to back up stunning first goal of the season for...
- 12:04 Bournemouth vs Liverpool LIVE: Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino...
- 12:03 Fire at large Derbyshire building
- 12:03 Police cordon and forensics outside Nottingham's Pryzm nightclub
- 12:00 Bluebell Hospice needs you!
- 11:58 River Trent search after person goes overboard from vessel
- 11:56 Euan McColm: Dublin love-in keeps indyref2 hopes alive
- 11:56 Alcoholic family from Stoke-on-Trent costs taxpayers more than £1...
- 11:56 Cost of new footbridge between Aslackby and Graby branded ‘madness’
- 11:56 CCTV image released by police investigating graffiti incident at...
- 11:55 Charity can help with mediation after couples separate
- 11:53 Demetrious Johnson survives scare to defend flyweight title against...
- 11:53 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang admits he doesn't know if he will be...
- 11:53 We survived 'Arsenovember'... Mesut Ozil expresses delight as...
- 11:53 Manchester United star Paul Pogba claims he always knew he would...
- 11:53 Sergio Aguero appears to taunt Gary Cahill after his calamitous own...
- 11:52 What are the odds of a white Christmas in Lincolnshire?