Shed fire in Ryedale village spread to outbuildings and tractors
An electrical fault is believed to have started a fire which spread from a shed to surrounding buildings and vehicles last night.
North Yorkshire Fire Service said crews were alerted to the shed fire in Low Moorgate, Rillington, at around 8.40pm.
They found the fire had spread from the shed to two small outbuildings, two tractors, a neighbour's shed and a tree.
Crews used two hose reels, two sets of breathing apparatus and one main jet to put out the flames.
A spokesman said the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a pressure washer.
- 20:43 MH370 not deliberately crashed by pilot, say investigators
- 20:33 Four Brits accused of setting fire to their hotel in Spain ‘as...
- 20:32 Man robbed at knifepoint and kicked in head in Leeds
- 20:32 Police release CCTV images of car used by masked burglars in West...
- 20:25 Tesco direct closure puts 500 jobs at risk
- 20:24 Smartphones are fuelling a surge in the number of Brits taking cocaine
- 20:23 'Wicked' fake cop conwoman stole life savings from OAP couple aged...
- 20:21 Central Americans flee homes in record numbers: 'The level of...
- 20:17 Watch: Ross Fountain ready to flow once more as restoration completed
- 20:11 $esc.html($content.name)
- 20:08 South Africa kidnappers make ransom demand in bitcoin
- 20:08 No repeat of data scandal, vows Mark Zuckerberg in Brussels
- 20:06 Active shooter linked to murder fires scores of shots during...
- 20:06 Unai Emery set to only be involved in one Arsenal transfer this summer
- 19:59 Ivan Gazidis has won Arsenal power battle but Arteta was a gamble...
- 19:54 Promising footballer died after falling into river on lads’ holiday
- 19:45 Cristiano Ronaldo discovers Lionel Messi Barcelona transfer secret...
- 19:44 $esc.html($content.name)
- 19:44 Manchester United encouraged in pursuit of Lazio midfielder Sergej...
- 19:44 UK needs big digital upgrade to thrive after Brexit, says Hammond
- 19:43 Donald Trump just used the worst excuse to avoid answering a...
- 19:42 Blame middle class for drug-related violence, says police leader
- 19:37 Halifax Borough Market changes: what do you think?
- 19:36 Scott Fraser leaving Dundee United in hope of ‘playing at the...
- 19:34 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt on his temporary switch to...
- 19:32 Venezuelan president expels top US diplomat
- 19:29 Trump-Kim summit: Commemorative coin sparks ridicule
- 19:29 Blidworth man who stabbed and punched woman jailed for 18 months
- 19:23 Hammond to pledge superfast broadband for most homes
- 19:23 Watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend first royal event as...