'She was a wonderful person': Tributes paid to former Oakham Mayor Maureen Dodds
Tributes have been paid to a community stalwart and former mayor of Oakham who died on Saturday.
Maureen Dodds, who died at Rutland Care Village, served as a member of Oakham Town Council until ill health forced her retirement two years ago.
She served as the authority's Mayor in 2004-5.
The 83-year-old was a member of the Oakham in Bloom committee since it was formed in 1997 serving several years as chairman.
She was made president when she stepped down in 2014, in recognition of her commitment to the organisation.
She was also involved in the Rutland Arts Theatre Society (RATS) since its... read more
- 13:12 The silence of stillbirth
- 13:12 Southern rail: Report into disruption is 'attack on staff'
- 13:12 Family of Finsbury Park attack victim say he lived life...
- 13:12 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at Trinny Woodall over THIS shock comment…
- 13:12 Peter Vincenti 'delighted' to sign for Coventry City from Rochdale
- 13:11 Investigation under way after burglary at Harrogate store
- 13:10 Appeal following theft of trailer
- 13:10 ‘How is the man I saved on the beach?’
- 13:09 Fun and games are in store at this year’s Greenlaw Festival
- 13:09 U.N. blames warring sides for Yemen's "man-made" cholera "catastrophe"
- 13:09 Iconic Cumbrian common leased to trust.
- 13:07 Barcelona reject Manchester United's offer for Andre Gomes -...
- 13:07 Campaigners win latest battle in High Court to stop Catesby's...
- 13:07 The heatwave is over - so when is it going to rain in Leicester?
- 13:07 Watch Leicester kids tell off selfish and dangerous drivers outside...
- 13:07 Brave Uppingham mum who raised thousands for brain tumour charity...
- 13:06 On set with the stars of BBC TV's hit drama The A Word
- 13:06 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 13:06 Woman injured after crash in Morecambe
- 13:06 Space trip for Banbury Space Studio pupils
- 13:05 Armed police search house after reports of man with a gun - only to...
- 13:05 Newcastle West End's notorious Noble Street flats 40 years ago -...
- 13:04 Manchester United consider offers for Adnan Januzaj: Real Sociedad...
- 13:03 Phillip Schofield weighs in on Queen’s hat debate: 'What IS her...
- 13:03 Countdown to Adlington Carnival
- 13:02 Huge explosion in Somali capital, clouds of smoke visible in sky,...
- 13:02 Turkey steps up support for Qatar, discusses Gulf tensions with Saudi
- 13:02 Exclusive - South Korea president calls on China's Xi to do more on...
- 13:02 Children's author Dan Walker comes to Waterstones, in Burton, to...
- 13:01 Appeal after Preston primary school targeted by vandals