'She was a wonderful person': Tributes paid to former Oakham Mayor Maureen Dodds
Tributes have been paid to a community stalwart and former mayor of Oakham who died on Saturday.
Maureen Dodds, who died at Rutland Care Village, served as a member of Oakham Town Council until ill health forced her retirement two years ago.
She served as the authority's Mayor in 2004-5.
The 83-year-old was a member of the Oakham in Bloom committee since it was formed in 1997 serving several years as chairman.
She was made president when she stepped down in 2014, in recognition of her commitment to the organisation.
She was also involved in the Rutland Arts Theatre Society (RATS) since its... read more
- 09:35 Hong Kong stocks have best day in 6 weeks amid French vote euphoria
- 09:34 Star man reveals he will be fit for Man United vs Man City
- 09:34 Red Arrows in spectacular flight over Humber Bridge
- 09:34 Real Madrid’s summer galactico transfer shortlist: This is who La...
- 09:34 Lionel Messi sends message to Barcelona fans after Real Madrid heroics
- 09:34 Arsenal ace urged to join Premier League rivals in summer deal: He...
- 09:33 Britain's best-paying companies revealed - the places you can earn...
- 09:32 UKIP accused of 'full-throttle' Islamophobia after policy launch
- 09:32 This VAT hike will cost you thousands - and here's why
- 09:32 Rumoured Pokémon Go event from Niantic to introduce SHINY characters
- 09:30 Batley man Ghulam Hussain admits trying to join ISIS in Syria using...
- 09:30 Emma Stewart: Disaster recovery needs planning and testing
- 09:29 VIDEO: Typhoons take off on NATO mission
- 09:27 E4’s Tattoo Fixers looking for ink disasters in Lincolnshire
- 09:25 Man Utd Expected XI: This 4-2-3-1 can beat Man City on Thursday
- 09:24 Police hunting man who fled scene of crash involving parked car
- 09:24 Strike affecting South Yorkshire trains called off
- 09:24 Detectives say Madeleine McCann could have been snatched by slave...
- 09:24 Elton John spends two days in intensive care with 'potentially...
- 09:23 Up to 3,000,000 UK children risk going hungry during school holidays
- 09:23 Fenwick is latest store to leave Leicester - but which shops do YOU...
- 09:23 Will it snow in Yorkshire today?
- 09:22 Chester vets invite BBC TV presenter to official opening
- 09:22 Virgin Trains East Coast strike suspended
- 09:21 Global celebration of festivals to mark Edinburgh Fringe's 70th...
- 09:21 Get off the beaten track: New guide reveals the best of wild Scotland
- 09:20 Rhys Jones' killer Sean Mercer fears Little Boy Blue will leave him...
- 09:20 Somalia executes four it says were al Shabaab fighters behind 2016...
- 09:19 Tesla to double the number of its electric car 'Supercharger'...
- 09:19 Three people taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Ilkeston