Shanghai is more hipster than London and New York combined and here’s the proof
I expect you thought clubs disguised as barber shops and bars with secret knocks and passwords were limited to London or at least the UK.
Nope. There’s hipsters in Shanghai, as in that place in China, nearly half a day away.
So not only do you have the beauty of The Bund, the fascinating food and the buzzing multicultural nightlife, you now have a load of bearded cool kids thrown into the mix.
I went to investigate and it turns out Shanghai is more hipster than London and New York combined.
Speak Low It’s one thing to find a secret bar in the middle of Dalston.
It’s another to find one in... read more
- 10:12 Film reviews: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 | The Promise | Lady...
- 10:12 Sheffield girls’ school scoops ‘BiG’ prize at City Enterprise Awards
- 10:11 Barcelona set to scupper Real Madrid's Man United plan with new...
- 10:11 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:10 Ireland desperate for Brexit details to call EU negotiator Barnier...
- 10:09 Radio 1 apology over Orlando Bloom 'pikey' comment
- 10:09 Police hunt driver 'who sped off' following serious accident
- 10:08 Leamington pub will be reopened and renamed Old Library after...
- 10:08 Woman questioned by detectives after man dies in Leeds house fire
- 10:08 United Airlines to give passengers $10,000 if they have to be...
- 10:08 Palestinian Authority halts its payments for Israeli electricity...
- 10:08 Kate Garraway left red-faced after branding Susanna Reid a DOG in...
- 10:07 Hoppers appoint Arnold as head coach
- 10:07 How do you pronounce chorizo? Masterchef viewers left angered over...
- 10:07 Browne: We’re no beach boys
- 10:07 PNE kids given chance to shine
- 10:07 Egypt 'let down' by continued UK flight ban to Sharm
- 10:07 Tamworth sisters leap into fund-raising with charity skydive for...
- 10:07 How much money does the UK pay to the EU?
- 10:06 Boris Johnson blasts 'mutton-headed old mugwump' Jeremy Corbyn
- 10:06 Boris Johnson attacks Jeremy Corbyn and calls him a 'mugwump'
- 10:06 Doncaster airport boss "caught out on Facebook" cleared of bigamy
- 10:06 Nottingham Viva! Vegan Festival is set to attract 3,000 visitors
- 10:04 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 10:04 Coventry RFC's Max Trimble seeks to topple Tom Howe from pole position
- 10:04 Fidget spinners and fidget cubes: what are they and where can you...
- 10:04 Aston Villa contract news: What next for the club's youngsters
- 10:04 Sky Sports explain decision not to broadcast Aston Villa v...
- 10:04 Boris Johnson attacks Jeremy Corbyn and calls him a 'mugwump'
- 10:02 Recorded crime rose 9% last year in England and Wales